Any of you do any sewing ?

Stevea

Hi Steven,

I think John found one I had put up on fabric wall covering and fabric bead in a bedroom.

Upholstery is another one that can be repaired: Button replacement is a great one as well as repairing a split seam on a cushion, this one can be fairly common to do.

Did you have anything particular in mind or just general information?

SA

Stevea

Steven,

A needle & thread works wonders on many repairs and it works great on upholstery, in some areas. This is primairly the split at a welt (piping) and can usually be sewn together very easily and does a very good job. I like to use the same thread I use for carpet because it is very strong and I can adjust the needle size for the fabric.

I use a very long needle and thread as well to apply the buttons back on.

If you get an example of something you have a question with, put it on here and maybe we can work it out.

Here is a partial clip of hand sewing a braided rug, this may at least give you some idea of what is involved. Hope it helps some.
th_ec4cb3d8.jpg

SA

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Nice Blind Stitch Steve. I have a tapestry machine that does welting. Just dont no how to do it. Listen when you come to Charlotte , spend some time with me . I'll show you my shop we go out and eat dinner on me this time. Let me know appr: 1 week before you get in so I can get that tool over there.

Stevea

Harry,

Give me some time and I will take you up on that. I will try to schedule some time with you.

I will be in Charlotte for a class on July 31st and Aug 1st, maybe I can get in real early Wed and we can do something together?

SA

WISE

How about the one we talked about a week or so ago???
Want to walk through that one?

Here it is...
enoch015.jpg

You mentioned a hidden stitch repair?

Thanks

WISE

Stevea

Hi Michael,

I would be happy to help you, I think this is the rug we talked about before. I can't do it here but if you want to call me we can try to work out something. I will certainly help you repair it.

Here is a clip that just shows the before and after, the repair of this rug and two others like it are just too long for here. I had three rugs with some pretty good damage and had to sew all three with hidden stitches, consumer was thrilled. One had a damage portion similar to what yours looks like.

I will be out most of the week but give me a call.
th_teaser-handsewedge1.jpg

SA

Back
Top Bottom