Any one use red relief??

ErikG

Does any one use Red Releif and or how does it compare to the hot knife If at all?

tim

Red Relief is cti proschoice reducing agent for synthetic red stains, Hot Knife is vacaways encapping solution. They dont compare at all. Red Vanish is vacaways reducing agent and it compares very favorably and is 1 part instead of 2 part with a longer shelf life and less volatility.

tim

No offense taken, what is confusing? The question was asked about a comparison between 2 products that are completely different. Red Relief and Hotknife. I think he was talking about Red Vanish from vacaway not Hotknife. If so, the question makes sense and I shared my opinion, that Red Vanish and Red Relief are very comparable and in fact in like Red Vanish as it is 1 part instead of 2 part like Red Relief and has a longer shelf life. If that was not really what he meant then I am not sure how you can compare a reducing agent to an encapping solution.

ErikG

What do you mean dont ruin the carpet? How so , any close calls explain please

tim

Erik, I believe what he is referring to is either setting a stain using heat or bleaching the carpet using heat for too long. I recommend pulling 2 fibers that are stained with red, treat one with an oxidizer like stain magic, stain zone or peroxide/ammonia mix. The other fiber, treat with a reducer like Red 1, Red Relief or Red Vanish. Use a wall paper steamer to speed up the process and see which product removes the red. Then proceed with the rest of the stain. Especially on stain magic, get spot as dry as possible before treatment. The caution is in the heat, use the steamer and check the spot every 30 seconds to see if it is responding. Do not use heat with the oxidizers as it can cause bleaching if you are not careful. If the reducing agent works the spot will often turn yellow. clean and rinse the spot, dry and if the yellow remains, treat with the oxidizer and cover with plastic wrap. These products and methods will work 90 percent of the time.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've stuffed a wool with Prochems Red Relief a few years ago.

I had used a little heat from a steam iron through a terry towel cloth but the fibres went all jelly.

Immediate reversal lessened it, but not 100%

John

(yes I tested, but not in an inconspicous area :oops: )

tim

cti makes red relief and stain magic for wool. Definitely dont use their regular products for wool. Guess I dont come across it often enough to think about mentioning it, good point!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I use a few different products both for wool and synthetics.

It was definitely Prochem so maybe the name is either the same or private labelled to Red Relief... or I might have it wrong.

Sodium Metabisulfate based 2 part mixture. Safe as long as you don't heat it. I was used to heating products to get better/quicker results.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sometimes the carpet color comes out before the red color you are trying to remove.
Or at least that happened to me.
Always get the customer to sign a waiver or at the very least let them know what might happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom