Any pictures out on the new Flash Xtractor

Greenie

granted 1/2 of the PDF isn't readable, in a nutshell, WHY is this any better than a Regular WaterClaw? I don't even see a vac relief in the design? And it "looks" less durable. I'm looking for that Feature that makes me want to run out and get one....and it's not there?

Ryan

Greenie said:
granted 1/2 of the PDF isn't readable, in a nutshell, WHY is this any better than a Regular WaterClaw? I don't even see a vac relief in the design? And it "looks" less durable. I'm looking for that Feature that makes me want to run out and get one....and it's not there?
Price?? What does one of these babys run?

flash-xtractor.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Flash Extractor is $297
Medium Water Claw is $411

Now the Medium Water Claw price is NEW. I just found out that it had dropped today. I was out of the office for 3 weeks so I missed a bunch of stuff. I'll have the flash in stock later today so i'll be able to give some feedback. If there is a restorer on the board that wants to be a guinea pig I'll sell them one for $210 delivered as long as they promise to put it to work immediatly and report back. Sorry I can't give it away but I can break even on it to get it in someones hands that will put it to the test. I need a BUSY restorer not someone that will use it once in 30 days.

Everyone else can have it for $297 Delivered. Same with the Water Claw $411 Delivered

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Greenie said:

The new design on the bottom does not require a vac relief. One of several reasons it needs fewer parts to deliver improved performance compared to the competition and when compared to the original Water Claw.

Drove a full size pick-up truck over the FLash Xtractor several times with no damage. How durable does it need to be?

The handle that folds back to make storage a small space easy is another nice feature.

Retail price is under $300. That will be many folks motivation to run out and get one. If you prefer the original, time-tested Water Claw, that is fine. It is a great tool.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The adds says a chevy diesel truck drove over it and it didn't brake. I have a chevy 2500 diesel and if any one will send me one I will gladly drive over it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Lyman said:
The adds says a chevy diesel truck drove over it and it didn't brake. I have a chevy 2500 diesel and if any one will send me one I will gladly drive over it.

I have a counter-offer. If you will send us your Chevy 2500, we will use it to drive over the Flash Xtractor.

Greenie

Scott.... I just read all that as cost savings.....which reads as Cheap.

I guess to be fair we should give it a full year in the field before we judge the lower cost tool.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I got it in yesterday and I have some concern's just looking at it I'd just pay the $120 extra for the water claw. My offer is still good for a heavy restoration company to buy it and beat it up and report. I'll post pics tomorrow and call Scott about my concerns.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I do like the 90 for the vac. hose.... Good idea, I'll have to put that on mine.

Greenie

well....at least John is reinforcing my intuition.

it's nothing against Interlink or Hydro-Force or any comapny in general, it's just the nature of the Industry, things don't tend to be built better, just cheaper.

Sometimes it's just money ahead to pay the premium price for the premium tool and save a whole lotta headache.

the question that comes to mind is: Is the cheap Jon-Don tool the reason Water put out the cheap claw tool? How about we see better, instead of just cheaper?

Yes...MF6 will indeed be very entertaining this year.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I spoke with Scott this morning about my concerns. I am still wanting someone to take it out and give some reall world feeback but this is what Scott said and in theory I will agree with him.

On CGD the Flash Extractor beats the water claw- I can see how that would be true looking at it and tend to believe that claim.

They are both pretty equal on all other types of carpets.- I don't know if I believe that as I haven't put it through it's paces and the engineering behind it just doesn't make sense to me looking at it but someone much smarter then me made it. I will wait until someone has it for a month before I'll agree with it.

You will need to over lap with the Flash Extractor 1/2-1".- I appreciated him telling me that as that was my biggest concern part of the engineering of the extraction area I was concerned about. Will that be a big deal?

The Flash Extractor removes more water in the middle of the tool then the water claw-I will say I believe that claim from how it't built

The price is better-Agree to a point. The Water Claw is only $120 more and frankly it is built better.

One thing that I do not like about the Flash Extractor is the spring on the handle. Be very careful not to let it slep or your going to whack your nuts. TW already did that just messing it it in the showroom.

Also I am real hesitant on the 1" channels on the front and back. Scott says it is all part of the design they paid a really smart guy with lots of degrees to come up with so until someone in the real world says yes he got it right i'm on the fence

So the deal stands. First person in the US (had to put that out there) that wants to give me $210 i'll send them one to put through the paces so they can report back. I don't have deep pockets nor do I own these or I would just give one away to Chavez to beat up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I tell you we can break anything. :oops:

We had 54-WDR losses in the last 30-days, but this week we got our first one this AM. It's warmed up and we've slowed down or I might have taken you up on your "at cost" offer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom