Any Problems with Powr-Flite???

Ron Brown

Am I the only one to have an experience like this???

I just bought their newest Powr-Flite Black max extractor. Their sales literature does not state the power requirement of 2 20 amp plugs. Very Disappointed with the unit and their customer non-service. They billed my card Dec 30th and refused to ship the unit for two weeks wanting a copy of my drivers license (no way am I sending my license to Texas). Discovercard in fact called me December 31st verify that it was a valid charge. After deleting other items on the order to get it below their $2000 no driver license requirement I received it 5 days ago. I powered it up and had very weak vacuum. I took the bottom cover off to see that the motors are suspended by only two wimpy bolts. One of the two plastic vac mounting tabs was broken due to the poor mounting and the extra weight of the Perfect Heat copper coils attached to the bottom of the vac. I called them Wednesday during business hours and was told the "only" guy that can help me is out and left a voice mail. No return call so I called the "guy" Thursday afternoon and was pleased to hear that he was just about to call me!
He agreed to send me a new vac motor. This Saturday morning I went to swap it with the broken one. I removed the broken unit and tried to install the new one. The old one was 120 VAC with three wires with connectors but the Green wire was very loose at the motor. The new one was marked 24VDC and had two red wires with no connectors. So here I sit 22 days after I ordered a stock unit and have no functioning extractor. If you need to earn a living find a reliable supplier other than Powr-Flite. If anyone from Powr-Flite is out there...GET YOU ACT TOGETHER. I'll keep you all posted how Powr-Flite resolves this. Guess I should have bought a Rug Doctor!!!

Ron Brown

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Would you be interested in a slightly used Recoil? I will even throw in the Red Hot Rust Rocket Heater.

Ron Brown

They were very nice on the phone when they took my order and charged my card. They just did not want to ship it without having a copy of my drivers license. Does any other distributor require drivers license for orders of $2000.00 ? That is not an mistake, just hassling the customer.

When a customer calls a very large distributor with a problem and their is only one unavailable "guy" that can get them a part, that is not a mistake, it is poor customer service.

When they hide the fact that the unit needs two 20amp receptacles that is deceptive not a mistake.

When they send 24VDC motor for a 120VAC extractor, in of itself is a mistake but could have resulted in a fire if I did not catch the error. After waiting 20 days for my new extractor my patience is very thin.

Ron

G

I bought some things there a year ago. They screwed that up. Karen tried to make it better....after 6 months went by.

So in Dec, they had a special...so I ordered some of the special items. Returned 4 of the 5 items...or had them price them to the sales price.

Nothing like subbing out Rubbermaid scrub pads, sending broken Vac gages, charging case prices PER sprayer and broken swivels on other things.

Sad, yes, I know

JohnnyV

I have some Vac hose I bought from them...My dad had bought a Shop wet n dry vac from them years ago...it was junk...

Al

I bought a rotary, driver and brushes, it was shipped out pretty quick.
The carpet brush was crappy looking so I called them on it and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. They didn't ask for the other one to be returned either.

Good Luck with your issue

steve g

Name
steve garrett
buy a resoil instead!! power flite seems to be the on the lower end of quailty and engineering, they are also cheap, quailty, service, price, pick any two

Ron Brown

Steve Day,President of Powr-Flite left a sincere message to take care of my broken extractor on the ICS BB. For fairness I am posting it here for you all to see Powr-Flites commitment to do a good job in this industry.

Ron,

I am Steve Day. I am President of Powr-Flite. Clearly we dropped the ball with you and your purchase. That is not the kind of quality or service that you deserve and that we strive for.

Please call me as soon as possible so I can personally help satisfy you, whatever it takes. If there are any others out there that feel they have not been properly served, I want to know about it.

We have not built a strong business and prospered for over 60 years by selling poor products and giving bad service. If we failed in your case, we will make it right and always strive to do better.

Steve Day
817-551-0700 X119

Reactions: ronbeatty

Raedan

I bought a powr-flite porty 1year ago and 4 blowers. No problems so far.
Their two motor upright vacs though are another question. Broke a wheel of coming out of a elevator, bag cover hinge broke twice and the brush head to hose connection clogs easily. Vac is two years old.

J&C

Name
J&C
I thought I had found a good company to buy from, but recently a water pump on a carpet extractor went out only after six jobs. Then I never received $300 product from those guys. Powr-Flite doesn't even send you a tracking number.
I won't be dealing with that company anymore.......

FredC

Village Idiot
I thought I had found a good company to buy from, but recently a water pump on a carpet extractor went out only after six jobs. Then I never received $300 product from those guys. Powr-Flite doesn't even send you a tracking number.
I won't be dealing with that company anymore.......
You took the time to sign up and bump a 13 year old thread to bitch about powerflite?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I never had any problems like that with my perfect heat machine. The part that pissed me off was the tiny waste tank. The heat was pretty good but the series vacuums left a lot to be desired. Not too bad but it's going to need some re engineering. I split it to a 3 cord machine that i could run with or without the heater. The copper heat exchangers are a big plus for temps.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom