Any rock a single jet wand.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was playing around with a buddies hydra hoe the other day and I gotta say I liked it. Only one jet so not as much risk for streaking or clogging. Plus I think the way jet sat it was at an angle. I was really surprised how well it cleaned and how dry it left the carpet. I love my green horn but I must say in the house I used it on it was a crowded residential so the mobility of the inch and a half wand and whip hose definitely made things easier. It seems like backwards progression but im giving some thought to buying on and putting a glide on it

Lefty724

Name
E
I had and used one (HM Hydrahoe) for a long time. Loved it. Can't remember the jet size, but it never clogged and flushed the crap out of carpet.

Only down fall was the jet was high causing you to lose heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had one that came with my machine, had to hunch way over to use it (I'm 6'4")

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back in the day when we ran HM Bobcats we had to hide the Hydra hoe from one of the tech's that wouldn't quit using it. :winky:

It does have a nice design and lightweight but the jet is mounted up high, you lose lots of heat and it dries so fast because you're not flowing much water. It was cool in the 80's but a bit dated for what's available now. I think I still have that Hydra hoe locked up somewhere. LOL

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is the most durable trouble free wand ever.
I disagree with the loss of heat. Yes it travels a longer way, however, it is a much larger jet so the larger volume of water holds the heat better.
Air flow is excellent. Just a very dependable wand- a classic.

Only drawback is it can't get much under furniture and the fact that it is narrower, does limit airflow, especially with the whip. Try connecting to the whip versus directly to the 2" hose and see if it makes any difference in drying times. Do report if you do.

Not sure how it will perform with a glide, as all the years I've used it was without.

Last edited:

Lefty724

Name
E
The first thing I did was buy a holded GG for mine. The valve was a little "clunky" but I was told that's what they were known for.

If I found one used I would buy it again. Not retail though.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is the most durable trouble free wand ever.
I disagree with the loss of heat. Yes it travels a longer way, however, it is a much larger jet so the larger volume of water holds the heat better.
Air flow is excellent. Just a very dependable wand- a classic.

Only drawback is it can't get much under furniture and the fact that it is narrower, does limit airflow, especially with the whip. Try connecting to the whip versus directly to the 2" hose and see if it makes any difference in drying times. Do report if you do.

Not sure how it will perform with a glide, as all the years I've used it was without.
Ofer it's a 7-inch drop from the jet to the carpet, modern wands are only 3-inches. That's a tremendous loss of heat, you may not feel it at the wand but from what's hitting the carpet is a big difference. :errf:

Do I need to hide your wand in the store room also? :p

AHHH whip? 1.5 hose? :eekk: Man I feel like I just stepped out of a DeLorean

Last edited by a moderator:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No thanks.

But, but, but.............can I get the keys?

P.S. I am using the PC titanium. But the Hydra hoe is a very good wand. Not sure that the heat drops that much due to volume and the droplets size are much bigger with the Hydra. Did you actually ever measure at the carpet?

Be frank with yourself Richard- You just like new toys :winky:
Doesn't Bob have a support room for that?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
With a glide, I imagine you can hold it where ever is comfy. w/o a glide the handle needs to be about 3.7 feet off the ground to create a seal on the carpet

I used the Prochem single for a year or two..

single-jet.jpg

I was such a shitty cleaner back then, what ever opinion I could come up with would be a lie.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I keep an old Steamway single jet on the truck, for those jobs that need a real flushing in a confined area. I have a cleaner/friend that has a SW wand SJ that can put out over 4 gpm, although his Powermatic probably couldn't keep up with extracting that much flow. (except the heat). Many dry strokes would be needed.

steve_64

i may look into getting one if it helps with streaking. im running into a lot of that lately and it sucks.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My buddy had it jetted to 6 flow, and it dried in around 5-6 hours with while hooked up to my 47blower even with the inch and a half whip. I could have probley ran 8 flow and got good dry time also. I am just looking at the benefit of a single jet wand. One jet means it will eliminate some streaking related issues. It will also help with jets clogging since it has one much bigger jet it is less likely to clog. I think a nice single jet inch and a half wand would be a good choice to send the chimps out by themselves with on rental properties or get a glided one for my wife to push. Seemed lie the jet was at the perfect angle to blast out filtration soil along the baseboards also. Hell while Im at it I might even grab a certified pile lifter and new pump sprayer :rockon:

Reactions: steve_64

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I used a Steamway single jet wand for almost 30 years Very good cleaning performance. The jet is only about 2 inches above the carpet, doable because it is a flood type jet.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've always used a Hydra Hoe. I have a 1.5 and 2 inch. They are jetted to 08. I'm 6'3" and they fit me fine. I tried to switch wands a few years back and the wand I bought was a POS. The Hydra Hoe is a great wand and DOES leave the carpet very dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom