Any success with maintenance plans on residential.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I have talked with two homeowners who have a prepaid maintenance plan with Stanley. I have heard some of the gurus talk about "Always Clean" ect.

Has anyone had success and what are the keys.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Try not to confuse "guarantee" with getting someone to sign or agree to pay future service... I get that question periodically as well: What kind of guarantee will I get when you're completed? My response is usually "it would be a lot cleaner after I finished my process"... Then follow up by telling them on my website expect 85-95% results on every job...I just about always win...99.5 out of 100 anyway...

I just did a job that Stanley S. bid prior to me getting their and the bid was astronomical! The lady said she almost fainted when she was told the price...I almost did as well...And I'm not cheap either...LOL

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We have 5 clients on it. Guys have gotten away from presenting it. I suspect it's too much effort/paperwork for them and they are short on time and custy on info overlaid already.

I bet if it were offered in every job we'd have more. They tend to only offer to those that mention they want to schedule in another 6 months., but for some reason they don't sign up. Silly really cause they could Save a lot.

I think it's hard for one of our guys to realize it's likely to make us more the long run when a Client is willing to pay full price again in 6 months. They only see the large $$ 6 months out. I see long term customer locked into Us. Too easy do them not to schedule in 6 months, forget or decide they don't quite need it yet....or god forbid switch cleaners.

Name
Nate W.
For as little as $50 a month will get your carpets cleaned in 6months as long as the monthly payments keeps coming in.. :lol:

I haven't tried selling it to anyone.. Pita if you ask me..

Reactions: BIG WOOD and WillS

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
I had a couple on it.. I think after researching other businesses in other industries the key to really making it work would be to only offer subscription only and no other option. That may sound drastic, but it's the only way I see it working in real life. It would definitely turn some people away.. but then again your business would be worth 4 times as much with everyone on subscription as the same amount of people not on subscription.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I just had a meeting with our accountant for our quarterly review. He brought me a copy of a few pages in this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Sales-Machine-Turbocharge-Relentless/dp/1591842158

Looks like Rug Renovating in NY has used this with great success.

I think the key to having success with your employees is this
1. Clear message of what the service is
2. Rack card details and reverse side sign up
3. Regular billing

I would also think when you do your next day quality check calls you could offer it a second time. This would put the pressure on the field techs to make sure they are offering it.

Marty and I talked a few weeks back and he is got a nice little sum coming in each month that for most OO's would help stabilize the business.

My brother in law used the SS program and swore by it. He lives in another city.

Reactions: Chris A

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Many years ago I had a carpet cleaning Tech that had previously worked for Stanley in another state. After Steve Toburen peaked my interest in the Stay Clean program and my tech told me how he could sell it, I turned him loose. OMG, the first week he sold upwards of 3k in future work, which was a lot back then. By the second week I pulled the plug. The program just gave me a queasy feeling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom