any suggestions on a good free rinsing pre spray

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have had so many problems with chemical injection systems over the years I have just decided to go the soft water route. Normally CTI extreme clean is my go to for the nasty rentals and restaurants. I don't do muvh residential but when I do I just water down the ext vlean some so it aint so hot. Cleans great but I am concerned it may not rinse great with freshwater only. Im tired of whoring around when it comes to prespray and other chems and want to find a set of products to stick with for a while and order in bulk. I was thinking of making redline my everyday ps but still looking for a good one for the nasties. I don't care much for power max as it always winds up clogging my sprayer and isn't hot enough for horror that takes place at the golden coral I clean nor do I think it rinses the best with water alone. any suggestions?

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Grease Eraser is made for FWR, that's how I have always used it in my HF for 25years. In various dilutions it is appropriate for anything from moderate soils to the worst of the worst situations and can be spiked with citrus solvent or peroxide when necessary. Safe to breathe in also.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Grease Eraser is made for FWR, that's how I have always used it in my HF for 25years. In various dilutions it is appropriate for anything from moderate soils to the worst of the worst situations and can be spiked with citrus solvent or peroxide when necessary. Safe to breathe in also.
Art is grease eraser an enzyme ps? I know with some enzyme ps they lose their effectiveness after a day of so.also what dilutions do you use it ?

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jon, GE is not an enzyme product, but was 30 or so years ago when first sold, for a few years. I can leave it sit in the HF for a week or longer and there is no loss in cleaning ability.. I normally put 3 3oz scoops in a 5 qt HF at 9-1 which is about half what the label calls for, but have used at full strength on rare occasions.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Why do some people complain about power max clogging the sprayer and some?

Cobb does have another product that i think rinses better with just water. it is a liquid product called hd preconditioning prespray. I know this rinses well with water because it is what i use to wash my hands after working on the machines. Handles grease well and you can feel it rinse off quickly with just water.

Reactions: Larry Cobb

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have never had good luck with powermax some people love and I think larry is a knowledgable guy but I just have never cared for it. I wonder how well it rinses in plain water because it doesn't mix well in the inline sprayer and seperates in water how well is water gonna rinse it out?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I think my pro's choice extreme clean is a hell of a ps but there have been rental units that I have had to lay it on thick and for whatever reason I have came back a day or so later and the carpet felt rough. Running a higher flow wand could solve this or maybe an additional dry stroke. Im really trying to scrape my ass up and get in gear in 2014 and I am tired of experimenting with pre sprays I just want 1 or 2 that get the job done. I will be running 2 trucks in the summer time so what I am trying to do is make everything the same each time . Also I am tired of unreliable chem injection systems so I want to rinse with softwater only. Also want to get more aggressive about selling protector so not having to purge a solution line would be awesome too. Im gonna chill down some on all the value added shit and extra curricular shit and go back to my roots which is carpet cleaning. May still do some strip and wax with advance notice but Im spreading the guys out too thin trying to teach them all this different shit to do. I figure the best way is to whip my trucks into shape so its the same everytime all the time no suprises

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Why do some people complain about power max clogging the sprayer and some?

Cobb does have another product that i think rinses better with just water. it is a liquid product called hd preconditioning prespray. I know this rinses well with water because it is what i use to wash my hands after working on the machines. Handles grease well and you can feel it rinse off quickly with just water.

Thanks Richard.
We have several good pre-sprays, but the Dynachem Heavy Duty Preconditioner would be my choice as well. It doesn't have the same fragrance as Powermax but works extremely well, especially on the nasty ones. Even better, this product is offered in a concentrated version, 48 to 1 vs 16 to 1. The Preconditioner Concentrate is my favorite. In a little stronger dilution than what is labeled, the RTU price is around $6.25 per gallon. That's hard to beat.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The DC Preconditioner Concentrate does rinse well,

since it relies on water-soluble solvents for most of the grease-cutting.

Cost after 48-1 dilution is ~50 cents per Gallon of prespray.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&
keyword=Preconditioner+Concentrate

DC Stainresist Powder is our BEST rinsing powder prespray.

Larry

P.S. Powermax has a time-release oxidizer,
which some think is slow to dissolve. It is designed to be activated slowly,
to give more uniform oxygen release.

Last edited:

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
What? I should pay more attention to this stuff I guess.
Ok I didn't explain fully. Pour a gallon of the Concentrate into an empty 5 gal container. Add 3 gals of water so it is easier to work with. That is 4 gals of still concentrated product that can be put back into 1 gal jugs for the truck. That is $6.25 per gallon of strong detergent that is diluted further via Hydroforce/inline sprayer, etc. After final dilution through the sprayer that is not RTU. That would be AU, or Already Used. Or, in some parts around here it would be DBU, that is Done Been Used. :lol:

Does that make better sense?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom