any suggestions on vacum cleaner for the truck?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Just looking for some feedback on a new vacum cleaner for the truck.
Thanks

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I think having one on the truck is a good idea. It doesn't have to be new, of course, but if you can afford a new one then head on out to Wally World and get one.

Pick up a gallon of milk while you're there.

Bob Foster

I bought that cheap Bissel the other day - incredible vac for cheap but it looks cheap too.

Got it at WallyWorld.

Jimbo

This is the one I use:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3711426044

I got mine from Best Buy...included a 2 year warranty with it for about 80 dollars.

What I like about...besides vacuuming well...is the agressive brush roller...it's great for pre-scrubbing traffic lanes...I just unhook the vac hose so the wet crud does not get sucked into the vac.

Had mine for about 8 months now...which is a good record!- Jim

Lora Olson

I bought the PV12 from Prochem to "check it out". I love it, works great, has an automatic height adjustor from different types of rugs to floors. The upholstery tool is "live", meaning you just pull it out and it is working, you don't have to plug the other end into a hole on the top of the vacuum. That is a big time/saver as well as the fact the upholstery tool works much better (no air leaks).

The Prochem is a little on the expensive side, but they last for a long time. Another plus is that your local Prochem distributor can order your bags/parts pretty easily, so don't have to make two stops?

We use a Sanitaire here for the showroom, and it works awesome too but it's just a little heavy.

Hope my $.02 helps!! :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
didn't know Prochem made dry vacs.

Just took a Prochem. its a bag vac. It will never extract as much soil from carpet as a bagless, simply because you can't see when you're getting the soil. That visual is priceless. Plus, , I would go through 2-6 bags in some jobs I've been on. That gets a little pricey over a year.

Which ever one you like though, just vacuum!

Bob just pointed out to me that Jim's machine is a Bissel Powerhouse, just the "deluxe" version of the $70 one at Wally's.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you can spend $300 to $800 on the "vac de juor" and be cool with the "trendy" crowd..

or you can go buy TWO Bissel Powerforce baggless models for $100 bucks at wally mart
($49 each at my local wally martz)

you'll have one for "animal houses" with odor probs, and another for "clean" houses.

Empty dust cup often (several+ times in one home with pets) and knock out, or better yet, blow out the filters with compressed air every night..
..and no vac on the market will out preform it for vaccing dry soil

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
White-Magic money pit said:
Anyone ever try a Turbo tool with a dust downer for TM?

yea, we have turbo.
don't use it much anymore though

'bout the only time we bring it now is for "po-boyz" agitation" of pre-spray (when we're too lazy to bring out the rotary,)
or when a person with critter allergies in moving into a new place that had pets in it. (cause it exhausts everything outside thru the TM)

It's terribly inefficient to use a TM (and the gas) to simply vac a carpet when a $49 upright will do just as well or better

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom