Any tips on finding a good contractor?

I need to have some work done on one of my houses.

I know a guy that does a lot of work for one of my customers. I have been trying to get him out to the house for two months. I finally gave up.

Next I see a guy with a nice truck and wrap. I check him out with the BBB and all is good. We set a time to do an estimate. He never shows up.

This week I had a guy come out to look at the house. I took the afternoon off yesterday to buy all the supplies I need.(That was a job itself). He gave me an estimate and we set a time for today to get the work done. He never showed up.

A good contractor will usually be a few weeks behind right? The previous guy was available right away. That should have raised a red flag. I don't need major construction done. I need some small things done that add up to a big job. I need 15 doors hung, a new vanity installed, and some trim work.

So now I am sitting here wasting my entire day. Also it is raining so I can't do much outside.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Anyone that can swing a hammer thinks they are a contractor. It would be worth waiting for someone you can trust to do the right thing, than to waste good money on "handyman" workmanship.

Check their references and you might even checkout their past work if you're going to spend a lot with them.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
My brother just moved down your way and he built Wade Boggs house and Kathy Lee Giffords on Marthas Vineyard

Pm me the addresses and I will tell him to head out and take a look and build you an estimate. He usually builds but he is new to the area so I am sure he would do it. He usually sets up a crew or two roofing and then gets the detail stuff later. He has done it all around the country he has done a ton of celebrity work, Tysons condo in Nevada when he was out there

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom