any using a Thermal Fogger on auto interiors

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i was thinking about getting one and offering it to every customer we do for 25$ (the fogger only cost 179$) it can only take 10-20 sec to fog a auto..the question is will ti work for smokers and that baby crap puke nasty sour milk smell. i am pretty sure at least 50% of my customers would do it but i want to make sure it will do something for them. what would be the pro's and con's?
dave

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I took the odor control cert. class and my instructor told me in his city there are peaople making big bucks deoderizing cars with ulv foggers. he told me they pump the stuff through the vent system for a couple minutes and maybe plug in an ozone for a minute or two and make 20- 25 per car and do hundreds of cars per week

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Dave, I used to do it for used car yards a few years back.

Mate, there's easier ways to get screwed.

This was before Unsmoke brought out their Tabacattack range so it's tempting to re visit it.

A couple of things to consider. Unless you're doing the deodorisation at high temps, the next time they lock the car up on a HOT summers day, the odour WILL be back.

Secondly, when they smell it again, guess what they think? That guy RIPPED us off!! Not good for business.

I was using a large thermal fogger and I imagine the price you're quoting is for an electric kettle style. I doubt that will work as well as the big units so you may be even further behind the 8 ball.

Another factor to consider, and maybe this should have been first, the FIRST principle of odour control is removal of the source. So a quick fog of a vehicle, will have little benefit when the carpats and fabrics (Sink effect) will still be holding the source. Also, what about the vent/fan/ac unit system? How will you eliminate the source in there? Finally, the other typically non porus surfaces like dashes, trim, plastic etc. The car is full of it and when it heats up. the odour WILL come back out.

Sounds like a no goer but I'd be keen to hear of anyone else that may have had success in this. I stopped probably 4-5 years ago but back then, I was charging $200 plus tax and offering a 6 month warranty. I didn't have too many claims, but the few I did, had been sold to smokers who complained of a smoke smell still in their car :roll:

John

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
juniorc82 said:
I took the odor control cert. class and my instructor told me in his city there are peaople making big bucks deoderizing cars with ulv foggers. he told me they pump the stuff through the vent system for a couple minutes and maybe plug in an ozone for a minute or two and make 20- 25 per car and do hundreds of cars per week

And if you live in a cool, moist area and turn on the defrost you end up with an oily splatter on the windshield

Farenheit251

Even w/ the neat fogger all you are really doing is applying a water based deo with no removal or negating of the odor. It doesn't work. At least the old solvent fogs would last a couple days while we aired out and cleaned the house.
An ozone machine will work, but people will blame you for anything wrong with their car or any health problems they have for the next year.

PS Did the instructor/salesman explain how you could go to dealerships and make thousands per week with a $300 investment. I love that story. Always makes me wonder why they are teaching instead of doing. I'm sure they just want to give back to others.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok so it is not sound so good any more..yea we took the odor class a few weeks ago adnd got the idea from them..they didnt really talk too much about it but reading mikeys post about the slow times and adding services got me to thinking..ok i am done with it.
thanks for all the honest answers, that is why i love this place you guys saved me a bunch of money and time..
dave

Supersucker

Would Ozone not work as well if used overnight? I use it on my vehicles occasionally but we don't smoke. It smells good to me after.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
great website..have you ever used any of the products.
i guess i will order a few can and do some family members cars and see what happens.
thanks

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thanks..has anyone used them before?
i have asked and already have 5 customers that said yes and let them know when we are ready. i think it will be a nice add on once it is all figured out.
thanks
dave

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We use the foggers from JpnDon alot and have never had any problems with them. They smell good and it lasts. Like I said they spray them in the vans all the time and have never had a problem with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom