Anybody ever hear of this TM?

danpauselius

A security guy at one of my commercial accounts swears he used a "Pringle" TM back in the 50's. Not that it really matters but I think the guy's full of crap. He swears it was a TM "just like the one I've got". My BS alarm goes off whenever I'm within 100 yards of this guy, but who knows ... I could be wrong.

GRHeacock

"Steam Cleaning" was invented in the mid 1960's. Portables only.

As I recall, Bill Bane came up with the idea of a high powered portable, run off electricity that would stay in the truck, and just hoses into the house, some time in the early 1970's.

That spurred several people to make a more powerful machine, some with a separate engine- called a "Slide-In" and some with the idea of the truck's engine making the power, and a drive shaft to the machine. This was in the early 1970's, and the idea caught on pretty fast.

In 1976, I saw at a convention in Las Vegas at Caesar's Palace, there were some 20 manufacturers of Truck Mounts displaying, so the idea spread pretty fast.

Very little has changed or improved since then.

But in the 1950's? I was there- it did not happen. I never heard of a "Pringle" at any time.

Gary

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bill Bane was a distributor of "Karpet Steem" machines made in Muskegon MI by Gibralter Fabrication (Mr Livingston). The machine was patterned after the Scot-Johnson machine made earlier in California.

Mr Livingston died in a hunting accident and the Banes obtained the rights to the machine from his sons.

Lots of history.

Much of it re-written.

Thanks,
Lee

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Security guards don't just make things up. A few years ago a security guard at a commercial job I was doing told me he wrote "Go You're Own Way" and "Don't Stop" and just gave the songs to Fleetwood Mac. He also said he was banging Stevie Nicks at that time and Lindsey Buckingham was begging him to give her back to him. He was full of many wonderful anecdotes about those days in the 70's. I believed him.

John Watson

I believe Sir Richard hit it on the head,,, Now watch out for the puss!!!!

Security guards are just a bunch of wannabe cops!!

R

R W

I had a security guard at a bank once tell me that he flew helicopters. He just smelled of BS. It just so happened that a heavy lift heli was being used on the building next store to lift some HVAC on the roof, and he was telling me how much better he could have done if he was flying it.

It was an early Sunday morning.....just freaks and geeks out at the hour.

Name
Bruce
Art Kelley said:
Security guards don't just make things up. A few years ago a security guard at a commercial job I was doing told me he wrote "Go You're Own Way" and "Don't Stop" and just gave the songs to Fleetwood Mac. He also said he was banging Stevie Nicks at that time and Lindsey Buckingham was begging him to give her back to him. He was full of many wonderful anecdotes about those days in the 70's. I believed him.
His name wasn't Fred Drinkwine was it? I think I worked with that guy.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Bruce Humphrey said:
[quote="Art Kelley":buwoym5n]Security guards don't just make things up. A few years ago a security guard at a commercial job I was doing told me he wrote "Go You're Own Way" and "Don't Stop" and just gave the songs to Fleetwood Mac. He also said he was banging Stevie Nicks at that time and Lindsey Buckingham was begging him to give her back to him. He was full of many wonderful anecdotes about those days in the 70's. I believed him.
His name wasn't Fred Drinkwine was it? I think I worked with that guy.[/quote:buwoym5n]

I don't remember. It was at least 15 years ago. I and the guy working with me just politely listened to him as he rattled off these wild stories for an hour. I do know this. Life is funny.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
MY GOOD FRIEND WENT INTO THE MILITARY FOR 4 YEARS AND WHEN HE CAME HOME HE WAS SO FULL OF SHIT AND GUESS WHAT HE GOT A JOB AS A SECURITY GUARD :lol:

CleanEvo

I love Pringles, they come in a tube instead of a bag and they taste yummy and they don't break as much, unless you drop the tube, but even then it's nice cause you can just tilt the tube back and let those crumbs slide down into your mouth, it's easier than a bag. I really love Pringles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom