Anybody has experience with a diesel tank inside van? and how are the new Diesels?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am thinking about moving My Apex Diesel from my Sprinter into a shorter van.
If I buy a gasoline van I will need a diesel tank inside the van. Currently the Apex diesel is exhausted outside and when I am done working there is no diesel smell in the van whatsoever. None.
  • I was told that you can put an inside diesel tank inside and vent the tank outside and that it would not make the van smell. Anybody has any experience with that?

And while you're at it:
  • Does Ford offer a diesel engine in their E-350 non extended?
  • Is the new Diesel regulations make owning a diesel engine too much of a hassle?

As always your good advise and insight is highly appreciated.

Turd*Furguson

I am thinking about moving My Apex Diesel from my Sprinter into a shorter van.
If I buy a gasoline van I will need a diesel tank inside the van. Currently the Apex diesel is exhausted outside and when I am done working there is no diesel smell in the van whatsoever. None.
  • I was told that you can put an inside diesel tank inside and vent the tank outside and that it would not make the van smell. Anybody has any experience with that?

And while you're at it:
  • Does Ford offer a diesel engine in their E-350 non extended?
  • Is the new Diesel regulations make owning a diesel engine too much of a hassle?

As always your good advise and insight is highly appreciated.

Yes FORD makes a standard length E350 with a Diesel. I love the old 7.3l FORD Diesel but they are hard to find. I'm setting up a JohnDeere turbo powered diesel truckmount in a sprinter van right now.

Reactions: ruff

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
check out the fuel cells from places like summit racing. You can mod a filler neck from the cell to the van wall and fill it like normal. Seen it done a couple of times and works well. Just looks a little funny on the outside of the van.

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom