Anybody know anything about hot tubs?

Village Idiot
Credits
Ages ago I used to install hot tubs and pool tables...I am familiar with pool/spa operation and treatment....but know nothing of current models

Tam even has a fancy certification and everything because she maintains a few.

but no I'm not your pool guy

and you can get a two seater.....I HATE hot tubs

Credits
A good friend of mine has a pretty good sized hot tub business. He buys and sells, has a warehouse with probably 100 of them.

Fwiw, he only buys 1 brand Hot Springs. He says they are hands down the best, so his entire business essentially is buying used hot spring tubs refurbishing them and re selling

Credits
I have a 6 person Dynasty. Bought it off a guy for about half the cost of new when it was a year old. I've had it 8-9 months. I put a little chlorine in it every day and not chlorine shock once a week but you can get the floaters that apply it automatically

Lifetime Supportive Member
Credits
My friends installed one. The real sticker shock and unplanned for expense came when they discovered they had to upgrade their breaker box and the amount of electricity delivered into their house.
the pump and heater are also expensive to operate... especially in SF.

Village Idiot
Credits
Credits
Be sure you're going to use it. We have a jet tub that might get used once a year, on a good year. It takes 40 gallons to fill, draining the hot water tank filling it. We use it mostly to throw our dirty towels in until it's a load to be washed.

Something we wouldn't do if we had to do over again. Well I wouldn't. :winky:

Supportive Member
Credits
As old age settles in the thought of having this outside our bed room is appealing.
DO IT!!

I have had mine for 14 years and love it. In our line of work it's a must have, nothing beats spending an hour in the tub after work. Caldera is an excellent choice mfg by Watkins; who also makes Hot Springs.

I use my tub mostly in the winter, spring and fall.

Supportive Member
Credits
A man jumps out of an airplane with a parachute on his back. As he's falling, he realizes his chute is broken. He doesn't know anything about parachutes, but as the earth rapidly approaches, he realizes his options are limited; he takes off the parachute and tries to fix it himself on the way down. The wind is ripping past his face, he's dropping like a rock, and at 5000 feet, another man goes shooting up past him. In desperation, the man with the chute looks up and yells, "Hey do you know anything about parachutes?!"

The guy flying up looks down and yells, "No, do you know anything about gas stoves?!"

Mikey would be yelling..... "Do you know anything about Hot Tubs?!"

We love our hot tub.

Last edited:

Latest posts