Anybody make their own chemicals

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
for the speacialty products i.e. reducers, strippers, etc it's less than 10% of retail for compounded products, for cleaning solutions it is not quite as much savings but we feel our products are still the best. If we felt something was better we would switch as chem costs are one of our smallest budget items as a % of sales.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
When I was a boy I my Dad used to mix his own pre spray.

Don't quite remember the oz. used but it was tri-sodium-phosphate, butyl and water mixed in a 5 gallon jug. I think it was a Bishop mixture he promoted back in the day.

After my Dad tried Ultrapac he never looked back, and that's all I've used for my general prespray to this day.

Chris A

Name
Chris
there are MUCH better uses of your time in your business...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave- sorry, it is just for our use.

Chris- you are so right. An owner operator could probably spend their time better by marketing or even cleaning more. Our history was founded on chemistry in the 1930's and prior to that our founder had been making hair tonics, bleaches and dyes. Our volume allows it to be efficient & effective to make a number of our own products.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Chris- you are so right. An owner operator could probably spend their time better by marketing or even cleaning more. Our history was founded on chemistry in the 1930's and prior to that our founder had been making hair tonics, bleached and dyes. Our volume allows it to be efficient & effective to make a number of our own products.

Ken

Yeah, I was referring to a small operation, obviously it's different for you guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom