anybody using (only)Host with sucess?

D

dafivefooter

I want to know if anyone is doing well with Host equipment & products. I find that the better the pre-spray the better the results. Anyone like to share any tips,advice or secrets to using Host with sucess? Thanks in advance!

A

amazingcleansc

That being said, Mikey has spoken highly of some Hosters in the past. Most of the guys here think if you dont rinse, then you are wrong.

Name
Nate W.
The old time Host guys will tell you that the product is expensive but it does a excellent job. The problem most run into is not vacuuming out all the product. In some cases the corn husk in the Host product causes cellulosic browning when a HWE comes in. The amount of time to vacuum (extract) the product you put down, will be the deal killer time wise. Using the product for it's intended purpose, will yield good results. Commercial carpet maintenance with a regularly scheduled vacuuming will work. Of course, Imho. :D

Only Host, doubt it. Most of the guys here are experienced pros and most carry more than one tool in their toolbox

Mikey P

Administrator
At MF a few years back I watch a Host rep tear into a CGD that was caked with soda and saliva (hockey rink) and was impressed with how it dug up the layer of crud and lifted the pile.

That and a few resi jobs where I could never seem to vacuum or HWE up all the left over corn cobb residue are my only Host experiences.

DavidVB

We used it a lot in the early 80's. It had trichlor in it then and cleaned pretty well. Then they introduced a new citric scent Host. What they didn't tell us was that the trichlor was replaced with delimonine. Didn't clean nearly as well.

Aside from all that, it is slow, expensive and a pain. You haven't lived until you are cleaning in a lady's closet and find that the Host flew up into her shoes. As to commercial use, it is pretty good on a maintenance plan if you are cleaning clean carpet and that is how they sell it. However, who will pay you enough to use it.

There are many better options.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom