Anyone clean movie theaters?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have a meeting with someone in charge of a couple of movie theaters next week. Any of you guys doing theaters regularly? I would image they would have to be cleaned pretty frequently. I would appreciate any input. I was also wondering if they have the seats cleaned regularly and what methods they use. I am trying to get into more of the "maintenance program" type accounts rather than the one and done cleans.

hogjowl

Idiot™
A movie theater will NEVER fit into a "maintenance" program format. It will always be a "one and done" cleaning account ... no matter how often you do it.

Can you say GUM?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Marty is spot on with this one. Movie theaters are about the LAST type of job I would ever consider doing.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
2 words.... Don't do it!!
ok, I know..

A guy I worked for had a movie theater... it sucked the big one! I thought the carpets were colored black....nope. They were maroon with pictures of boxes of pop corn and movie reels underneath all the crap that movie-goer's track in. It was disgusting AND really slow and hard work. Gun, gummy fish, chocolate, soda.. you name it.

Like Marty said, it's not a monthly or quarterly maintenence job. Once every couple years if it needs it or not is what you'll get... run away.

Farenheit251

Most of the big chains were near bankruptcy a few years ago. Can't imagine they are doing much better now. I made good money helping a friend once but it was only because potential investors were coming.
A local guy was bragging about picking up a large chain. Later I found out he was subcontracting from the mmm for pennies a foot.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Anthony;

There are some quality accounts...

But they do present cleaning challenges.

I have cleaned many with 100% woven wool carpets.

Every theater should be evaluated, before bidding on the job.

Seats are another challenge, but adjustable rotary pad agitators can help that situation.

Larry

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You can make decent $ per hour in a theater... Planned maintenance can be a tough sell though... I do a couple of 'em. Not bad accounts really. What's the big deal?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Who usually owns threaters? Please don't tell me it's the PATELS community...if so i'd understand the "don't walk...run FAST" line.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I have to agree with Larry on this one.

May people have false preconceptions about theaters insofar as they overgeneralize. Sure, the vast majority are going to be filthy, and yes a lot of gum and sugar/candy infiltration in the lesser lit areas. But the variety of conditions insofar as carpet construction and general condition invite you to at least inspect the job before making a decision. The chances are reasonable that with adequate expertise, you can outperform the customers expectations if he/she is a decent client to work with.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What method would you even use on a filthy one?. Portable extraction would take too long, or at least I don't think most woul want to pay for them. Even vlm with an op would be fine but you'd go through so many pads. Maybe a cimex is in order.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom