Anyone dual wand with a 45 blower?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
No hope for me Rex?. The machine has 2.5" from blower to little box where the spring goes. 2 2" ports on 100g tank. I recently rigged a manifold where I put the 2 2" and even with just the one 2" comming out seems like I have more vac. I have'nt used a filter basket for a while now (this is just because I'm lazy).

What about running the 2 vac lines straight from the tm?

Albert

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Probably 1 rx and a wand. I always hear rx goes thru more water then a wand and never understood. If anything it uses less due to the agitation vs wand. Rx with 5 1.5 jets vs wand with same jets you'd think you'd use less on the rx.

Albert

Matt King

It really depends on your definition of dual wand... Back in the early/mid 90's I worked at Stanley Steemer and we'd dual wand with our 45 blower. Each wand had (6) 80067 jets, so just over a total flow of 4 on each wand. As long as you kept both wands on the carpet we did alright. That was the key though... If one guy set his wand down and it wasn't locked on the carpet the other guy wouldn't have much if anything for vac. I also use to dual wand with my Sizzler 47 machine. It ran around 26-2700 rpm max speed and had a 4ht heater.. We could dual with it provided both wands stayed on the carpet and each wand didn't have more than a total flow of 4 or so. However, I'd consider my 59 Genesis to be the best dual wand machine I ever owned. It would really pull some air whether both wands were on the carpet or not even at 250 ft. each.. So it Can be done, it just may take an extra dry pass or two... I wouldn't go over 100-150 ft. each way and definitely don't use any chemicals that could foam up... It may turn out to be more of a headache than it's worth...

Greenie

I won't bore you guys with the details, but this is kind of a vague question, because one machine can be set up and running so differently than another with the same brand and size of blower.

That said, on a CTS 450, I would make use of your 2" Y to optimize your vacuum, run two hoses out as far as you need to reach the door of the job and go single 2" form there, then you will have a super sucker instead of wonderin' if two wands running at 60% will cut the mustard...or not.

I will say, the RX with glides seems to perform much better than you would think on a #4 blower system when running two of them. The key is to not break seal, and keep your hose runs short.

So maybe there is hope for the dual cool Chem-Dry guy.....especially if he added supplemental heat.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
J2 said:
I was thinking about vac issues. 2 rx's need more vac than 2 wands. I didn't know you C/D guy could use a evil steam wand.

The CD powerhead modified RX-20 uses less water because of pressure. An RX with a normal flow pump will use water than the CTS-450

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Albert;

I have several customers who dual wand with a #4MP blower @ 3100 RPM.

They run two 2" hoses back to the TM and keep the wands on the carpet all the time.

The only problem they have is cleaning faster than the customer expects.

Larry Cobb

steve g

Name
steve garrett
wouldn't this be a good case to break out the 2.5 and run 2.5 on both hoses and just reduce the last 50ft or less with 2"??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom