Anyone Dueling it with their Aero Tech?

redbird

Mike,
Bruce Parsons could help out with your question. He has been dueling even before his 2 1/2 conversion

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Aero tech trucks

We run duals about 30% of the time with ours and it handles both heat and vacuum of dual 6 jet Ti wands quite well. (dual greenglide with check valves). This truck is awesome! We also use air path air movers to accelerate drying and offer our customers dry to the touch before we leave your home.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The no drip check valves( I HATE Drips) and new jets also came from Greenie, putting the jets even closer to the floor, less heat loss & less steam vapor.
I just checked, the jets are 110015.

We typically set the temp. at 240, so we have at the machine temps of 265-270, and the machine holds that temp. with no problem.

I need a lie detector set up to get actual temps at the wand... all I can say it its Darn Hot! Even the Ti recovery tube gets extremely hot, way hotter than the Hydramaster or Butlers I'm used to running!

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I am thinking about trying it on 1 wand first to see if I notice the difference. I just looked this a.m. when I saw your post, and I am surprised that they are 110015 jets. I know I should have looked when I put them on, but it was at our first customers house in her driveway in a hurry and everything worked fine so I never even thought to look.
We picked the wands up on our way to the job, put them together, put on the glides and went to work.

Bruce Parsons

We run 15's and so far so good, I might try the 02's at some later date but for now all is well.

The temp. here this morning was around 20 degrees, the coldest it's been all yr.

Our first job was a empty house , we dual wanded it of course, and the temp held at about 200 to 210 degrees.

We ran the pump at 600PSI and the RPM's at 17. I was very satisfied with the temp. Especially since the wands were almost always on.

I don't know how some guys here claim they can maintain 250- 270 degrees dual wanding, it is impossible to do it under the conditions I just mentioned unless your fresh water tank is 170 degrees or hotter, and even at that I doubt it could be done.

The heat exchangers in the V or AT are better then average, but neither can keep up that hot of temp. dual wanding unless your PSI is around 50

Forget the no drip ck. valves they don't exist yet. The one's Greenie sells are good for a short while, then the heat eats them up and they leak again. I know Jeff is working on the problem and I'm sure he will get taken care of.

I to hate the dripping water all over the wood floors, can't wait for the right ck. valves.

-Bruce

Shane

Bruce no one dual wands at 250 with a V/AT......BB hype!

Well except for Jim Martin....he duals at 275 while handling all his walk ups. :lol:

G

I don't believe anyone duals with 230 ATW either.

At the truck, yes.

But that's my opinion.
Chad

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We dual wand with #9 flow in both Ti wands and keep 200-210 in a empty house with very little vac passes. 10-20 degrees more in a home that is occupied. I don't know how anybody can get more than that.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
There have not been any 20 degree days here in Georgia, and yes we do run the fresh water tank hot, averaging around 150.
Only when I forget to turn off the recirculation does the fresh water get 170-180 degrees.
There are quite a few other cleaners on this board who live near me... so if you doubt the validity of my statements ANY are welcome to check the truck out in person any time.
I guess I need a lie detector set-up now so I can check the at the wand temperature, anyone in my area have one and care to stop by with it? Since my camera does movie clips I can record it live so then there will be no question after the fact.

At Summerfest this summer Greenie had to ask me to turn down my trucks heat as it was to hot for the vac hose he brought there...ASK HIM ... Ask ODIN the temperature when we were dual wanding... he was there before I turned it down...He was all up inside the truck too... and he knows his shit...so ask him... there were many others there too... he also took Db readings but they might have been slightly askew in an alley, others saw it too so it must have been mass a illusion.

P.S. If you actually do vacuum passes the heat exchange system keeps up just fine with 2 wands with the 110015 jets. IMHO

Mikey P

Administrator
We duel with two 012s and a heavy trigger finger at 210 to 215.

I expected it to be worse when I first switched over to the larger jets.

My FMI/AT hybrid runs hotter then most 6008 Vs for some weird reason

Mark my words....

Twelve is king.

Greenie

Imagine that, high flow and high heat clean better...lol

Now that we are up to 1980s carpet cleaning, let's keep the progress moving.

As for AT temps dual wand, I will say Tom's unit was very hot, I didn't put a lie detector at the wand, but it was over 250º at the truck, and i cautioned him, he was running thermoplastic solution line that was rated for 230º, he should probably back it off a bit unless he wanted to buy some new hose by the end of the day.

Now to be fair, it was a summerfest, not exactly cleaning empty apartments one after the other. But make no mistake, the AT doesn't want for heat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom