anyone ever start a part time van

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I currently run the Box Truck with an APEX and had a van for commercial with an Everest but have opened it to residential and am swamped with work for the van. They run out of seperate locations. Has anyone ever just run an additional van for about a sixth month period and what are the ramification of shutting down an entire set up for 6 months?

Cape Cod is a hot bed of business and I have customers asking me to go to the vineyard but with narrow streets I see it as trouble wating to happen.

Input please

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Greg we have 8-TM's they are very rarely all out except for peak times. There are usually 2-3 sitting waiting on a water loss or a big carpet job or as back up when a unit goes down for repair.

Go at it with the intention of it will sit part-time but you'll be amazed at how much more work you book once you get it. No reason to turn it away now! :wink:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If you have a relaible tech to run it that is suitable in the resi environment (not all comm techs are good in the home) then like Richard says, GO FOR IT.. make hay while the sun shines.

I know you're worried about in 6 months time, but deal with that IF and WHEN it arrives. I'm sure it'll work out in the end, or another option may manifest itself that will sort itself out for you.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am considering getting a trailer with TM just to park unless I need it for some reason or feel like getting some excercise.
Just hook it up to the truck and hit a couple jobs if no one is available.

I'll have to look in the sales room.

Back
Top Bottom