Anyone familiar with the Hydramaster/Bridgepoint Lancer?

brianeboatman

I just got back into the industry after a three year "real job" stint. I love the freedom of having my own business. I love marketing and would love advice on what's working for you in a small community where everyone knows everyone. Also, I purchased an older (1998 or so) Bridgepoint Lancer machine in a trailer. I use a rotovac powerwand with it. Any advice on the Lancer? Dependable in your opinion?

Thanks for your comments in advance, but please don't be a jerk! I am disgusted with some of the "attitudes" on here.

Brian

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
That was my first machine and it didn't get hot enough for me. BTW it was prochem that made that for bridgepoint.

If yours get hot enough for you then you'll have a good machine for five or ten thousand hours depending on how well you maintain it from now on and how well it was maintained before. Plenty of suck and squirt for a single wand machine but also plenty of problems. I don't remember all of the issues but I sold mine before the lease was even up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm not an equipment type guy....I do low moisture here locally but my other companies all use TMs.

As long as the thing sucks and squirts you should be ok.

I'm a firm believer that it's the guy doing the work....with that said, you surely need something reliable.

Welcome to the board......You'll get razzed some...that's how we show our love. !gotcha!

Just don't come off as a jerk (yer doin fine) and most guys here are willing to help you out in whatever you need. Of course their gonna bust your balls over it....Hey, this IS a male dominated industry. lol

Mikey's Board is a the locker room of the Cleaning world. Smells in here sometimes but never look directly up someone's ARse. :idea:

brianeboatman

Thanks for the posts. I have pretty thick skin being a policeman for the past ten years. My machine appearsntonhave maintained very well, appearance wise. The machine gets really hot unless using a rotovac or rx20. Then, the temp sets at about 140 to 150.

Westlake

Name
Mike Stevens
Why does machine produce less heat with Rotovac?

Why does machine produce less heat with Rotovac?
Thanks for the posts. I have pretty thick skin being a policeman for the past ten years. My machine appearsntonhave maintained very well, appearance wise. The machine gets really hot unless using a rotovac or rx20. Then, the temp sets at about 140 to 150.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The Lancer will do a decent job for you;I have some customers still using them.

Have the unit checked out by someone familiar with 90's era Prochem truck mounts and understand that under high demand you will lose heat, and you'll be able to do good work and have happy customers.

i don't know where you are located, but I'm only a phone call or email away if you need any help with it; we've sold and serviced Prochem equipment since the mid 70's.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The number you are calling no longer exists[video]http://www.youtube/7kVNI-(cS9c[/video]

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need to reduce the flow to allow the heat to keep up.

Either by reducing the operating pressure or by jetting down to reduce the water output. Try one if that doesn't try doing both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom