Anyone get a call from Empire? Repoed AreoTech

Amazing

Got a call today, they have a ud1400 with an areotech.

Wonder if it is still wrapped?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I am SuRpRiSeD... :eek:

Their ..REPO..team is QUITE...SpiFFy... :lol:

ballerinapolice1.jpg

randy

Name
Randy
It's only just begun.....

More of this is coming, lots more. These guys just don't want to believe that a guy with a M-5, US products Cobra or other quality portable can compete with their big truck.

Problem is in times like this that portable guy can cut his rates and the guy with the big lease payment & high operating costs is screwed.

We have a guy here that runs a brand new Buttler and is adverting any size room $14.00
That won't work long term either.

Amazing

Looks like it was nicely stripped, and judging by the cab not very well maintained.

Perhaps he needed a $7000 fuel pump?

Votrex and Aeropath units are so sexy! But IMO not practical at all.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
It needs about 5k worth of repairs. Everything was froze on it. Good deal for someone that wants a project!

Name
I'm Rick James
Yup, freeze damage can cost alot of money. Why people dont just buy a $20 heater is beyond me. We only had a couple of weeks of below freezing temps and people still froze up there machine.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Be cautious!

We rebuilt a frozen Vortex last year for Bill Calvert. Billy, AKA Wizard in KY had owned it, and a wreck shop had fixed the van. Bill Calvert is a good friend. Had we been charging the Interlink, or regular welding going rate, you can be assured that the repair would have been well over $5000. Not just because of the welding, also were many things that went wrong because the machine had set too long. And that part is true with any setting TM that we have worked on. Working part-time on the V, and waiting for parts took us 2 months, and about 120 hrs.

Sincerely,
Dale

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Joey,
This was my first Vortex, only 7 months old when I hit the tractor and trailer. Happened 3 years ago on May 25th, not a memorial day goes by that I don't thank the good Lord for being alive.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, I did not know that! I am glad your ok. So the insurance company took care of getting you a new V? Well atleast your ok and still cleaning carpets with your V. Must be nice to be loaded and have a V! :)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well, it's nice to be cleaning again. Anything beats the restaurant business after 34 years of that and working all holidays and weekends I was extremely burnt out.

As far as being loaded far from it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This one went for 22k about 8k to much. I bet it takes 10k to get it back to a point that I WOULD sell it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hmmm sounds like they have some communication issues. They emailed me telling me it sold for 22k last monday. Doesn't sound very promising to deal with these guys if they are making numbers up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom