Anyone get burned from ICS..................................

Anyone else get burned?
Posted By David GARGAN on 7/3/2009 at 11:11 AM
I was at a cc seminar (unnamed)a little over a year ago and David Frey the referral guru was promoting "the best referral tool in history" It was the gas coupons you buy for $12 and give them to your clients and referral sources and they can redeem them for $100 in gas. Well turns out they went bankrupt. Now I have several dozen coupons out there I gave away as promotions and gifts to referral sources. This makes me and my company look real bad.

They say a new company will pick up where the older company dropped the ball but I'm considering just sucking it up and try to contact everyone I gave them to and making good on myself. Who knows how reliable this new company will be. Also why put my customers through the hassle of turning in their coupons and sending them into a new place. I am sure they are just as skeptical as I am and will not bother. Any further promotions from me will be looked upon as not reliable.

What is the best way to do damage control in a case like this? (besides not taking advice from know it gurus)

David
Modified By David GARGAN on 7/3/2009 at 11:16 AM

Re: Anyone else get burned?
Posted By Kelley Reever on 7/3/2009 at 11:31 AM
We were a customer of a furniture store that used these same coupons. After months of trying to get our gas vouchers we were told they were a bogus company. The new company does seen to be better. I have sent in three months worth of receipts. They say it takes up to 12 weeks to get the first gas card back. I am just coming up on that time so I don't know yet if they will actually get to me or not. I keep hoping they will. The company we are with now is Claimyourgas.com.

Good luck. If the new company turns out to be legit it will be a good promotion.

Posted By Ken Snow on 7/3/2009 at 12:30 PM
Personally I think it is too much work to ask a client to do for the value. I have been pitched this a few times by various companies and always turn it down.

Posted By David Hebert on 7/3/2009 at 1:07 PM
David I too was at the Seminar
My thought was gas prices were going down soon and the hassle a client would have to go through was more then I would want them to.
I know others have used this program with success but this is one was not for me.

You cannot blame Mr Frey, or the host for the company going bankrupt. I bought a few vehicles from a local reputable car dealerin Sept. We worked for them for over 8 years, they are now out of business as of March, where do I go for service now?

Things happen not the fault of MR Frey do you think he wants the problems now presented?

Posted By Howard Partridge on 7/3/2009 at 1:32 PM
That was my Round Table and the gas vouchers were a surprise to me. Dave did not tell me he was going to do that. I did not like the idea from the start. But I have so much respect for Dave I let it fly. I am sitting on a plane on my way to Toronto.

As soon as I can get Dave on his cell, I will figure out how to make it right for you. So sorry.

Posted By Steve Lawrence on 7/3/2009 at 1:53 PM
Maybe mail all those shafted customers a consolation prize like a coupon for cleaning something or gift cert. to another biz.

Posted By admiralclean on 7/3/2009 at 3:01 PM
You mean Bridgepoint wasn't involved in this?

Posted By Mike Conroy on 7/3/2009 at 4:02 PM
I want to be responsible for any "deals" that may have cause my company and my name to be gold or tarnished. Make your own promises and keep them yourself.

Posted By Eric Stewart on 7/3/2009 at 4:22 PM
So let me get this straight. You buy a coupon for $12 and give it to your customer who then gets $100 worth of gas, right? Who pays for the other $88? Is this why the company went bellyup?
One eyed Kiwi;-)

Posted By David GARGAN on 7/3/2009 at 4:42 PM
Eric the pitch was the customer would save the receipts from gas they are already buying ($100 worth) every month. They just have to buy the gas at the same company every time.
( Shell, Exxon, Pilot, Kroger) They were trying to build loyalty and have people buy gas from just one place.
Then they would send in the receipts every month with the gas voucher and get the rebate back.

I trusted the source and went with it.
Stupid me.

the best referral tool in the world ....
Posted By Lisa Wagner on 7/3/2009 at 4:51 PM
Actually, first and foremost is doing GREAT work. But you all already know that.

I was sent a video today from one of our members talking about what has been working for them right now - and he mentions his referral system in the video.

When you get these offers from companies for free groceries, free trips, free gas ... some are scams, and some are legitimate (just lots of hoops to jump through) ... it's always best to test on yourself - or tell a few clients you want to BETA TEST it with them. Then you don't get into a bind.

With our Platinum members new campaigns get beta tested through them - this was we can get concrete data before we go to the rest of the membership with something and say HEY - USE THIS! It just makes it work better all the way around.

But back to the coupons ... sometimes when it sounds too good to be true ... it is. They bank on most people losing or not using them to break even (and have all your data to market to you with) ... but these days probably everyone would be using them, and their model would be toast.

I like as a referral reward 10% of the referred job, and the free room of cleaning voucher for the person being referred. That model has worked for Piranha Members for 18 years ... and it what Jeremy mentions in the video clip. There are a lot of variations we've made over the years in our Piranha library - but the core concept is still the same.

Also works very good with business joint ventures - most are looking for new sources of revenue, so if they mail to their list your offer, and they get 10% of any jobs ... that is found money to them.

If anyone want the Money Map I wrote on business joint ventures, let me know. Some of the pieces are trademark protected copy that requires having membership with us - but you can get the general idea and model your own. There is plenty of work out there, so I don't mind sharing at all.

Hope that helps - happy 4th!
Lisa Wagner

The biggest scam artist in the world giving help?
Posted By Jay Coviello on 7/3/2009 at 5:08 PM
I would love, LOVE for once to see someone from the Polish camp give some help without 14 hidden soft sales messages.

Parasites.

David: My thought is this. Call every customer you gave that coupon too, hold your hat in hand and let them know that YOU got taken on something and apologize.

In return, offer them the same amount towards their next service. I bet half take you up on it and half say "naah, that's okay Dave, but thanks for being an honest guy about it."

Good luck.

Jay

Modified By Jay Coviello on 7/3/2009 at 5:09 PM

Posted By Fred Homan on 7/3/2009 at 6:14 PM
SHYSTERS....Along with a few other choice words.....

Selling a bigger future..
Posted By Lisa Wagner on 7/3/2009 at 8:26 PM
Jay, you can find a lot of FREE information on both the richcleanerblog.com and therugchick.com blog. In fact, you will notice on the rug technical blog it's just that - technical help.

I'm sorry you hate anyone who sells anything at all, soft or hard - but EVERY message, even from you is selling. You are persuading someone to agree with you, and be "sold" on your idea.

If that idea adds value and helps someone improve their life or business, what is wrong with that?

Nothing in this world happens until a sale is made. Until action is taken.

If I make an offer, one completely free, then someone can take me up on it or not. I've given hundreds on this board free articles and money maps... I'm doing what I can to help. Please share some of your articles if you have any. At least I'm doing something besides complaining or expecting a stimulus handout.

Sorry I made you mad. That was not my intent. Guess I'll go find a red, white, & blue bikini and go soak in the pool.

Happy 4th!!!
Lisa

PS A scam is someone who does not deliver value. We are the ONLY company in this industry that 100% guarantees ALL of our products and ALL of our events. When was the last time you've seen a convention in this industry, or a course, guaranteed? We've done this 15 years in a row. Heck, I know a lot of cleaners who don't even guarantee their cleaning work. I might irritate you Jay, but a sham or scam, that's not us. But you know that. Let me know what area of your business needs help, and I promise to send you something useful, and for free.

Posted By Carpet Dude on 7/3/2009 at 8:48 PM
Hey Lisa, Go a step further to win over Jay or at the least cool him down some.......call him personally and chat a bit. I bet (figure of speech) a warm friendly phone call and Jays willingness to except your call will cause him to to chill out.

btw Lisa, I'll take you up on your offer - If anyone want the Money Map I wrote on business joint ventures, let me know.

my email is in the profile and you have my email anyways...
please send mail, you must act NOW before it's too late........oh sorry, the sales guy is coming out of me.

Posted By Jay Coviello on 7/3/2009 at 9:11 PM
"but EVERY message, even from you is selling. You are persuading someone to agree with you, and be "sold" on your idea."

Are you serious????

I make a living out of people seeing my "message" and purchasing things from me?

Are you freakin serious?

My reply was simply give the guy some alternative input as a fellow cleaner.
I have no "marketing business". I have no financial interest in my post.

Yours? Right. "Seeeeee, this is what WE do. This is what OUR program does. Sign up for THIS. It's FrEE - honest."

You are disengenous at best. Save it Lisa. Really, just look in the mirror and ask yourself what you do for money.

Tell your boyfriend I said "no thanks" an beat it.
Modified By Jay Coviello on 7/3/2009 at 9:12 PM

Posted By admiralclean on 7/3/2009 at 9:12 PM

Well, one thing for sure is that red, white and blue bikini will be a better sell than Island Boy's bermuda shorts.

Posted By Jay Coviello on 7/3/2009 at 9:27 PM
Damn, I just caught that I'm waiting for a stimulus handout.

Holy crap...you are one arrogant, clueless DOB. (since you're female I can't post SOB) Wow.

I implore you to read this post and many more like them:

http://www.***************s.com/forums/ ... ost17.html

I think I'm making more per day and per year then your boyfriend has in his entire career as a carpet cleaner.

Seems you folks are broke and looking for business...

Just sayin.

Posted By Carpet Dude on 7/3/2009 at 9:54 PM

Posted By Shorty Glanville on 7/3/2009 at 10:02 PM
Jay, I went to that address and got this message.....................

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Seems I am not welcome there :-)

Could you post it here so that I, and the other several thousand that make up their membership numbers, (many of whom also cannot view the post and get the same message as me), can have a look at it. ?

Or if that contravenes this forums rules, post it over on Michael's Board.

Thank you..

Shorty.,

Oops,

Ooroo.

Posted By Travis Thompson on 7/3/2009 at 10:42 PM
Somebody needs a nap

Posted By Gary Taylor on 7/3/2009 at 11:19 PM
Where do we get a picture of that bikini clad rugchick?

Posted By Doug D. on 7/3/2009 at 11:32 PM
Better watch out Jay, Joe will be on here shortly and invite you to his superconference and invite you up on stage to embarass you in front of the crowd!! LOL

seriously Jay?
Posted By Peter on 7/4/2009 at 1:23 AM
Seemed like Lisa was offering some help/advice...if you don't want it then move on. "Parasites"?? Dude, get a grip fast...one word: PROZAC!

The point Lisa was making about all of us "selling" our ideas/thoughts by persuading others was great, very true. Never thought of it that way, but makes a lot of sense.

Are you single????
Posted By Lisa Wagner on 7/4/2009 at 2:15 AM
Don't have a boyfriend Jay - but I can tell you're a winner!

Let's share Facebook pages!

Your BFF,
Lisa
:)

P.S. Thanks Peter - glad there is someone else who is not manic on the board here.
Modified By Lisa Wagner on 7/4/2009 at 3:39 AM

Posted By Carpet Dude on 7/4/2009 at 8:25 AM
Don't take Jay seriously, he's over working himself from all those 100+ customers added a month he claims....

Modified By Carpet Dude on 7/4/2009 at 8:28 AM

Posted By David Hebert on 7/4/2009 at 9:01 AM
Jay look at Lisa's posts as if they did not come from the company she represents
you may then find some of the information useful. Lisa has been around a while now one would have to assume her has something useful in her arsenal.

BTW it does not matter what he made when he owned his cleaning company, what his income is now and what he can accomplish matters more, don't you think

Posted By Jay Coviello on 7/4/2009 at 10:22 AM
Well looky looky another thread on ICS gone to crap.

Carpet "Dude" I don't blow hot air. Here is a screenshot of my calender. 89 new customers added from June 1 - June 26th.

Feel free to post yours.

Modified By Jay Coviello on 7/4/2009 at 10:22 AM

Posted By admiralclean on 7/4/2009 at 10:33 AM
What does a picture of Chavez have to do with this thread?

Posted By Charles Gray on 7/4/2009 at 10:34 AM
It took a while, but I finally agree with something Peter posted.
It's going to be a good day.

Posted By Carpet Dude on 7/4/2009 at 12:02 PM

get a grip.....the lady was offering a little advice.....if you don't like it, scroll on, pretty simple to do don't you think?

Posted By Jay Coviello on 7/4/2009 at 12:04 PM
It's okay Rafael...no need to hate. Post a reply to this thread

Why cant this thread be posted on anymore ?

F

FB7777

its new software ICS has installed, its called Smart thread

when a topic reaches a certain level of stupidity it automatically closes itself down.

fred boyle said:
its new software ICS has installed, its called Smart thread

when a topic reaches a certain level of stupidity it automatically closes itself down.

I was thinking along the same line but it was called Advertiser Protection Software.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A guy in my Letip group was peddling that stuff. I never went for it...come to think of it..I haven't seen him around much.
It just feels like a scam..I can't help it.

At the very least it's a pain in the ass for my custys...so I'm good.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Brian Robison said:
A guy in my Letip group was peddling that stuff. I never went for it...come to think of it..I haven't seen him around much.
It just feels like a scam..I can't help it.

At the very least it's a pain in the ass for my custys...so I'm good.

This has been in the car business for years to get people to test drive, show up, and to get the nice people with bad credit to fill out yet another credit app.

That should tell you all you need to know.

R

Rafa L

big_3618928.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom