Anyone get the number of that Truck that nailed me?!?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Phones went completely dead this week....

Everyone must be out shopping like crazy.

Then as soon as you make some plans for shop or van work....
BOOM!

Sure, I will take on your water loss an and hour and fifteen minutes away.

Friend of mine you could say who is in charge of the service center of my dealership and always bends over backwards to take care of me, had a house he is selling (former rental home) that had a line break on the third floor.

Of course, the moment you do that, then the phone has to start ringing for carpet cleaning to :rockon:

Started yesterday at 5 am and went nonstop until 1 am again....

Had to tear out carpets and pad on 3 levels, ceilings on the main level....or course sheet rock over plaster and lath :hopeless:

I have a good portion of equipment on this baby.....

Funny history on this home....used to be a local Brothel back in the old days :eekk: (yep we gloved up...LOL :lol:)

Carpet cleaning this morning, go to the dump with the load of debris, then back to the water loss to do my monitoring, maybe some more demo....

And draw up the home to get it into Xactimate!

I am so dang stiff....old age kind of sucks!

Went on this one by myself thinking no big thing as he kind of described :icon_rolleyes:

2014-12-10182137_zpsc8efe6a2.jpg

2014-12-10182932_zps332127db.jpg

DSC00923_zps3776df3a.jpg

DSC00924_zpsdae0c475.jpg

DSC00926_zps9c3f8930.jpg

DSC00930_zps869d057b.jpg

DSC00933_zps008fd561.jpg

DSC00934_zpsc472fdc5.jpg

AND I DONT' DO RESTORATION ANYMORE! :icon_razz: :dejection: :rockon:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea I heard you say that more than a time or two...and I still don't believe you! :winky:

Hell, that's not a job, that was a Christmas present! :biggrin:

Should be a good one for you and quick response for your client too! :cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Good to hear!
Well for you anyway...

Been really slow since that storm hit, even for estimates :bull:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am going to start saying I am out of water damage, so I too can can get a few losses like this one!

Good job for sure and will Boost you water jobs totals right at the end of the year.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
What is it about this time of year that makes everybody become such whiney babies? I swear!

Somebody call Marks wife and tell her to hide the guns.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Did you remove anymore drywall and looks like plaster and lath behind it? You should have it tested for asbestos and I see not air scrubber my friend!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Did you remove anymore drywall and looks like plaster and lath behind it? You should have it tested for asbestos and I see not air scrubber my friend!

Air scrubber on site, Just not in the pics....even though the adjuster won't pay for it....

And we quit doing any demo because of finding the plaster and lathe behind the sheet rock. The plaster had been removed on the wall to do the window install apparently years ago...They didn't even put insulation back in the wall....Geez!

There is the old cellulite insulation in that wall to the left of the window....

Today, the plaster is still falling from the ceiling.

While I was there monitoring today, it was falling into my air movers.....BANG! :eekk:

Adjuster says won't pay for equipment decontamination....Oh....we will see....

And, won't authorize the testing of any asbestos or lead paint.

That's why I hate doing restoration work around here.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While possible, the last few times I questioned vermiculite (spelling) it showed no asbestoes when tested.

Its an awkward position, damned if you do, damned if you don't. No one was too thrilled with us question the materials.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While possible, the last few times I questioned vermiculite (spelling) it showed no asbestoes when tested.

Its an awkward position, damned if you do, damned if you don't. No one was too thrilled with us question the material

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom