Anyone have a RX-20 star for sale?

Name
Nate W.
I tried taking off the head to my CMX20 aka RX20. It wouldn't budge. I wanted to change the seal since it hasn't been used in like 10+years. My pops loaned it to a fellow cleaner and he broke one of the head bracket. He did replace it, but it has always ran uneven after that. It would consistently torque making it very uncomforable to use. I did use it on a 12 floor hallway job and man did that suck!

Anyhow, I sheared off the 2 tiny bolts that held on the vac shoe to the one that got replaced. I was using a mallot and a 2x4 striking the bracket. Then, I took off the bolts holding the star onto the vacuum port (composite plastic). Then I proceeded to try and use 2 bolts and a long piece of pipe (for leverage) to crack it loose. It broke one of the seats that hold the star onto the composite plastic piece. All hell broke loose after that. :evil:

I still haven't gotten the piece off. Before anyone asks, I did use a box wrench to hold top from spinning. I did hit it counter clockwise. I read hear that someone else had problems with removing the star too, but I couldn't find it in the search field.

I found a local cleaner who had a rx20 posted for sale, but the whole unit looked different from mines. His one looked like a big box sitting on top of the machine. I was going to buy it just for the head, but the star didn't look the same.

Name
Nate W.
packfancjh said:
Is it the single thread or double thread hub?

That's a good question. However, I don't have the answer for you yet. I just seen the same thing when I looked up the parts on interlinksupply.

I need to get the part off before I will know. Thanks for bringing that to me attendtion. :D

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
You know it's reverse thread, right? Turn the star clockwise to remove.

The RX with the box is the old slow-speed model.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Nate The Great said:
Johnny said:
You know it's reverse thread, right? Rightie loosie

So counter-clockwise while looking at the bottom of the machine is the wrong way?

Counter-clockwise to tighten. Clockwise to loosen/remove. (Reverse-thread.)

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Top help remove the star and save your foot I use a piece of rebar and slide it through the open part of two opposing shoes. That way it gets force from both sides.
Al

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Lube the threads before replacing the star. Will make it much easier to remove next time.

Dan Lloyd

I've got one of the "new style" RX heads I could part with. Has the same threads as the old style, but different jets and vacuum setup.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Johnny said:
Nate The Great said:
Johnny said:
You know it's reverse thread, right? Rightie loosie

So counter-clockwise while looking at the bottom of the machine is the wrong way?

Son of a B_ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x[/quote]

OHHHHH HAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHH THAT RIGHT THERE IS FUNNY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOME ONE RACK THIS AND SAVE IT FOR BLACKMAIL

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
Johnny said:
Nate The Great said:

Son of a B_ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

OHHHHH HAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHH THAT RIGHT THERE IS FUNNY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SOME ONE RACK THIS AND SAVE IT FOR BLACKMAIL[/quote]

Hey Douglas, it is funny. :lol:

I was able to get the part off. Yes, clockwise was the answer.

It looks to have double threads.

Dan Lloyd; thanks for the offer, how much for it? I'd have to convert the new style shoes and jets to the old style shoes and jets.

packfancjh; Is the one you have double threaded?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
A new star complete is 750ish. Sounds like you broke enough stuff to make it cheaper to buy it complete then piece it back together. I'm on the plane and wil be home tonight email me pi s of everything you broke and I'll see what I can do.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Nate The Great said:
I tried taking off the head to my CMX20 aka RX20. It wouldn't budge. I wanted to change the seal since it hasn't been used in like 10+years. My pops loaned it to a fellow cleaner and he broke one of the head bracket. He did replace it, but it has always ran uneven after that. It would consistently torque making it very uncomforable to use. I did use it on a 12 floor hallway job and man did that suck!

Anyhow, I sheared off the 2 tiny bolts that held on the vac shoe to the one that got replaced. I was using a mallot and a 2x4 striking the bracket. Then, I took off the bolts holding the star onto the vacuum port (composite plastic). Then I proceeded to try and use 2 bolts and a long piece of pipe (for leverage) to crack it loose. It broke one of the seats that hold the star onto the composite plastic piece. All hell broke loose after that. :evil:

I still haven't gotten the piece off. Before anyone asks, I did use a box wrench to hold top from spinning. I did hit it counter clockwise. I read hear that someone else had problems with removing the star too, but I couldn't find it in the search field.

I found a local cleaner who had a rx20 posted for sale, but the whole unit looked different from mines. His one looked like a big box sitting on top of the machine. I was going to buy it just for the head, but the star didn't look the same.

Nate is this what you NEED....this off of a OLD hydra master RX20..in photo...

S4011007.jpg

The composite hub is fine shape...

S4011008-1.jpg

S4011009.jpg

If this will help you out...You can have it...! my zip is 33576...find out what shipping is..?

Dan Lloyd

Nate,

I'd take $300.00 for it and you pay the shipping. It's barely used. As soon as I got it, I got glides for my old style star. I'm not sure it would be worth it if you were going to modify it.

I'm not sure how to post pictures here, but if you want a picture, I can e-mail it to you.

Thanks

Name
Nate W.
HARPER said:
Nate The Great said:

Nate is this what you NEED....this off of a OLD hydra master RX20..in photo...

S4011007.jpg

The composite hub is fine shape...

S4011008-1.jpg

S4011009.jpg

If this will help you out...You can have it...! my zip is 33576...find out what shipping is..?

Hopefully it can work. Mines looks like it's double threaded. I have some pics of the pieces I broke. I do need a new star (the thing that holds the shoes) because of the broken one. It always torqued and didn't run smooth since the last cleaner who borrowed it tried fixing it. I can still reuse my vac shoes, 3 of the brass jet pipes and jets.

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Also, what would cause water to drip out of the tiny hole on the top where the solution line meets the brass piece?

DSC01584.jpg

Bjorn

that is a rotary union and your going to need a new one the seals are shot

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Nate

It is the same star...my unit is the SLOW speed...

I also have the star...it is damaged ...but you could use it to repair yours...

You could replace the damaged "wing"...Have a welder pop rivett & tack weld..???

John can sell you the "union" and 2 new hand grips...$2.50 each...

Ask John about a new flex star...? if you don't want to repair yours...

LET ME KNOW...

Name
Nate W.
HARPER said:
Nate

It is the same star...my unit is the SLOW speed...
I'll take it as long as it has the double threads, I don't want to take something I don't need.)

I also have the star...it is damaged ...but you could use it to repair yours...

You could replace the damaged "wing"...Have a welder pop rivett & tack weld..???
The "wing" had 2 tiny nuts and bolts holding it on. The broken arm seems to be thicker then the rest, which makes me think that's the cause of the torquing.?. The other 4 arms seemed to have more flex in them when pushed on then the new one. Maybe it sat slightly uneven?

John can sell you the "union" and 2 new hand grips...$2.50 each...
You noticed the grips huh, lmao. I'm at a loss for words on them. That's before my time. :lol:

Ask John about a new flex star...? if you don't want to repair yours...
I will.

LET ME KNOW...
I'll let you know. That was a real bone head thing that I did. :x

joe harper

Name
joe harper
You are NOT a bOnEhEad... :wink:

Why do you THINK....I have the SPARE parts.... :oops:

i am a BoNeHead...TOO... :lol:

Just cost it out... :roll:
Anthing I can help you with is FREE... :wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The slow speed is a single thread hub and nate's is a double. We have all the parts on stock. You need a hub,star and rotary union. I'll email prices monday

joe harper

Name
joe harper

8) 8) .....Glad you got some SUNSHINE..before you left FL.... :D

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Me too. Had a decent day fishing out in the gulf. Not great but decent. The grouper we caught and had cooked up was terrific.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom