Anyone have pics of a Greenhorn Wand

Scott Rogers

LOL, I pop in about every day or 2. Just grew tired of posting and all the BS.

Trying to get a little bit of a life out side of work going again. Fishing shooting and buying rental properties.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
That back-drop in the wand photos is fishy.

What other kind of shots are being taken in that basement?

minuteman

I got two from Greenie about 6 months ago, a 16" 3 jet and the one in the pics above, when dual wanding the 14" 5 jet out preformed the 16" 3 jet by far. In a week or two I am going to see if Greenie can put the 5 jet manifold on the 16" and see how it preforms.

When single wanding they are both excellent wands.

My favorite is the 14" 5 jet. I think you will be very happy with it.

Greg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I love my Green Bean wand. I have the 14.

Now all I need is a Castex wand with stainless glides and I will have a wand for every occasion.

PS Did anybody ask for Scott's life story? Next thing you know he'll be posting pictures of himself.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Such a sad state of wands out there so any type of improvement to POS wands will make CC's giggle.

TimP

I ordered my Greenhorn today along with some of that fancy 2" hose and glide for my stair tool. I'm told I'll have it in a week....wish it was tomorrow :D then I'll get to see what all the hoopla is about it. I'm expecting something great.....hope I'm not let down.

Rex Tyus

You won't be disappointed Tim. It is worth it in our area for the reduction in humidity alone. I won't even go into the improved flushing, suction, crank the pressure practically as high as you want without wetting the backing, increased productivity from 14" head better maneuverability, increased access because of super low profile head design, ease of use on the wrist from feather touch valve...Oh yea I wasn't gonna get into that :oops:

TimP

I have read that the Titanium wand is more of a permanent want to have. It's more solid. Other than that they perform very similarly. The greenhorn is more of a throw away use it a few years till you ding it up then get another since it's a cheaper wand (compared to the titanium) pimped out by greenie. I don't know how it compares to the quadjet.

TimP

I think 600 for greenhorn plus shipping. 1200 for titanium plus about 200 for a glide, that's what I think but not 100% sure.

Mike Brummett

You are right, about the Ti wand- it IS built like a TANK.

So WHAT.

I USED to own a Titanium wand and was tickled to death to unload it used. Absolutely hated that POS.
The wand I have now is nearly identical to the "cheaper" "lower quality" wand that Greenie sells and guess what? Lighter than the Ti. MUCH easier to manuever and handle in every way.

So a Ti wand will last 60 to 100 years compared to the Greenhorn style which might only go 20 or 30.

In 27 years in business I have yet to see anybodys wand "wear out".
Sure, they lose some shine and get a few battle scars, but I'll take the "cheaper" CMP style ANYDAY over Titanium.

BUT - that's just ME.

MIKE

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Brummett said:
The wand I have now is nearly identical to the "cheaper" "lower quality" wand that Greenie sells and guess what? Lighter than the Ti. MUCH easier to manuever and handle in every way.

In 27 years in business I have yet to see anybodys wand "wear out".
Sure, they lose some shine and get a few battle scars, but I'll take the "cheaper" CMP style ANYDAY over Titanium.

MIKE

Mike, you have a CMP wand and greenies "cheaper lower quality" wand is what?
The Westpac?

I'm also curious what each wand weighs.
My Ti wand "feels" lighter to me than my AW29, though I never actually scaled them.
I just kind of figured the CMP and Westpac wands weigh more than the AW29 .

BTW, I have two wands that didn't "wear out" but the tig weld of tube to head TORE out after a few years of use

..L.T.A.

S

Shaun Ashmore

It would be nice to put a ti wand next to the Green Wand and see what you are paying for.

I'd love a Ti but am sorely tempted by the Green wand, Greenie doesn't sell trash but the Ti has such a good reputation I wouldn't want to buy twice.

Greenie

It's a California Metals wand that I pimp out.

About 50 of them out there, only Marty bitchin' so far.

totalsolution

Is this a 2" wand or 1.5"? Does it come with the glide already?

I'm glad Greenie get's such good praises on his stuff. Makes me
feel good about purchasing from him.

Thanks a bunch.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now Green Bean ... don't get your panties in a bunch. I like my Green Bean wand. As far as 2 inch wands go, it's probably the best I've ever used. It sprays wider than the wand is wide, which is a pain in the butt, but I can live with that. What I can't live with is the bulk.

It just gets old wrestling with 2 inch hose and wand all day.

For those Dobbs type cleaners with one job every two days, it's probably just fine.

TimP

You need to get some of greenies 2" hose. It does make a difference. The greenhorn is pretty heavy and feels like a tank to me compared to the hydrahoe I have. I just purchased greenie's wand and have had it a few weeks now. You have to change the way you clean when using it but it is a much better wand than the hydrahoe. You have to make sure you aggitate your carpet plenty before extracting (trait for glides). Make sure you vacuum. The greenhorn is a very good rinsing tool. High flow and excellent pick up with the holed glide(dry carpet). I think it does better on loop pile olefins than it does plush carpets myself....however I do admit I am still figuring out how to run it on plush.

Greenie takes the wand and completely modifies it, feather valve, 5 jets, welded on and aligned to work with the holed glide, and new solution line, as well as an additional grip over the original to add some insulation due to the high flow making the wand hot. It's well worth the price, I purchased it because I don't wand enough to warrant a titanium, and for the money I don't think it can beat. And I wanted a wand that would do an excellent job when I have to wand because not all homes that I clean have power for the rx or enough room to manuver the rx.

Back
Top Bottom