Anyone have some interior pics of an extended E250 ford van.

Motivated

I have an 09 E250. I currently have nothing hanging in it but a rake so far. The problem is, It is entirly lined with that gray plastic/vinyl stuff. That is cool and everything but I cannot locate the frames to drill into. I am thinking of using a stud finder or something to figure this out. Or, I will just tear it back but I dont want to mess with it more than I have to cause the push pins never go back in the same. Thanks for any advice.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
i dont have one, but if you can you need to return the van and get a E350 you need a 1 ton van for a truckmount.

Motivated

joeynbgky said:
i dont have one, but if you can you need to return the van and get a E350 you need a 1 ton van for a truckmount.

I have heard that before but have never had any problems on older vans. Just lucky I guess. I am sure my repairs over time are more that someone with an E350.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
would like to buy one.the 1 tons are alot more money. hmm. ill consider it. Everyone always preaches 1 ton! did you get one with the chrome grille or the plastic? I liek the chrome but the plastic is nice to

CleanEvo

It depends on what you're running in it.

My Legend XL runs great in my Express 2500, no issues yet with brakes or suspension. It's been over 2 years.

I was told with larger recover tanks and fresh water tanks you'll need a 1 ton, and also with a pto unit you need the 1 ton...mainly for the larger engine.

Motivated

joeynbgky said:
would like to buy one.the 1 tons are alot more money. hmm. ill consider it. Everyone always preaches 1 ton! did you get one with the chrome grille or the plastic? I liek the chrome but the plastic is nice to

I got the plastic grill but I think the black looks good on a white van anyways.

I know all truck mounts are different in weight. But mine is 1,100 lbs.(power clean freedom XT) Ford says you can carry at around 3,500 lbs. That gives me plenty of play for tools a full waste tank etc. I agree it wont hold up as long. But it is safe and rides good all loaded up.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I had the same problem on an older ford van. Go to your ford dealer and see if they have any bare ones. Bring tape measure and take pics.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
maybe Joe is used to running Chevys..... :lol:

My E250 extended has a GVW of 8450
it weighs 4000 empty

the way i count, that gives me a 4400 pound payload capacity
(when payload is properly distributed)

Ford's utilize the same drive train, wheels and brakes for 3/4 and standard duty 1 tons.
The difference is an extra leaf spring and heavier frame.
The frame isn't needed for our applications, cause it's the tires that are week link.
The heavier frame is needed for the heavier payload capacity of the dually axle and bigger boxes they put on the one ton chassis

Motivated, if you see push pins running down, that will be metal rails are .
matter of fact, I think all the push will be going into a rail
be careful drilling through the top rail that runs the length of the van, cause your rear lights wiring harness runs thru there

..L.T.A.

Motivated

meAt said:
maybe Joe is used to running Chevys..... :lol:

My E250 extended has a GVW of 8450
it weighs 4000 empty

the way i count, that gives me a 4400 pound payload capacity
(when payload is properly distributed)

Ford's utilize the same drive train, wheels and brakes for 3/4 and standard duty 1 tons.
The difference is an extra leaf spring and heavier frame.
The frame isn't needed for our applications, cause it's the tires that are week link.
The heavier frame is needed for the heavier payload capacity of the dually axle and bigger boxes they put on the one ton chassis

Motivated, if you see push pins running down, that will be metal rails are .
matter of fact, I think all the push will be going into a rail
be careful drilling through the top rail that runs the length of the van, cause your rear lights wiring harness runs thru there

..L.T.A.

Thanks I noticed the push pins in the frames and that is how I got my hanger for my rake up. But they are not on every frame. there are only 2 frames that have push pins in them. So once i find out how far away they are from center from each other. I should be good.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Motivated said:
Thanks I noticed the push pins in the frames and that is how I got my hanger for my rake up. But they are not on every frame. there are only 2 frames that have push pins in them. So once i find out how far away they are from center from each other. I should be good.

I don't think they're spaced evenly down the sides like studs in a wall
the roof rails might be

I'll see if I can get you measurements off mine tomorrow
They may or may not help you ..mine is an '01
it's the same body style though

.L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have been running my E250 for 4 years now and haven't had any problems. I did a brake job at about 55,000 miles... It would be hard for me to go to a standard size van. My Powerforce(vac), and the omni sprayer are up front since I took out the other seat.

003-4.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-3.jpg

I could put a shelf for airmovers ect. behind the reel, but I don't use them that often.
006-2.jpg

topnotchman

Able 1,
How do you like the Mytee quart bottle holders on the rear doors? Does the extra weight on the doors affect the hinges or anything? I need to get something better for organization. I have the same deal Motivated has, the plastic over the sides of everything, with the E-trak thing on the sides. Except mines a Chevy 2500. I like it, helps dampen the road noise and keeps the heat in the van better. You dont have to have a 1 ton for a PTO. At least on the Hydramaster CDS, you just have to have a V8 Engine. I dont have fresh water tanks or reels so a 2500 is fine for me.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like the bottle holders.. Some bottles could use some extra room to fit all the way to the bottom, but they don't fall out...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I have fresh Water tanks, and a hydramaster 4.8 in a 2500 GMC.. no problms here, I actually have the 4.8 L V8 and it works great with the combo. I run dual 60 gallon saddle tanks like Able1

Name
Nate W.
Yo Keith, does your windsor dri-matic not have a tray for the bottom? do your brushes get a flat spot?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nate The Great said:
Yo Keith, does your windsor dri-matic not have a tray for the bottom? do your brushes get a flat spot?

Good eye... Yeah it does. I am in the process of cleaning the brushes :evil: and I just threw it in there to show the room on the side of the reel...

Name
Nate W.
Able 1 said:
[quote="Nate The Great":j9n1xb0u]Yo Keith, does your windsor dri-matic not have a tray for the bottom? do your brushes get a flat spot?

Good eye... Yeah it does. I am in the process of cleaning the brushes :evil: and I just threw it in there to show the room on the side of the reel...[/quote:j9n1xb0u]

:D I didn't mean anything by it. I'd get a slap on the back of the head when I'd do that to the certified pile lifter. :lol:

I like your stair wand holder. I have 2 of the Mytee 5 quart holders, but am hesitant to mount them on the back door. I park in the sun and have to leave my doors open. Do you think the direct sunlight would affect the chemicals? That's the reason I didn't yet.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Able 1":2uiy6813][quote="Nate The Great":2uiy6813]Yo Keith, does your windsor dri-matic not have a tray for the bottom? do your brushes get a flat spot?

Good eye... Yeah it does. I am in the process of cleaning the brushes :evil: and I just threw it in there to show the room on the side of the reel...[/quote:2uiy6813]

:D I didn't mean anything by it. I'd get a slap on the back of the head when I'd do that to the certified pile lifter. :lol:

I like your stair wand holder. I have 2 of the Mytee 5 quart holders, but am hesitant to mount them on the back door. I park in the sun and have to leave my doors open. Do you think the direct sunlight would affect the chemicals? That's the reason I didn't yet.[/quote:2uiy6813]

I really didn't take it that way... it was funny you caught that... The brushes have been out for a week now I put one in for the pic..
My vol. 40 goes bad quick in the summer, now in winter I'm good... I think the heat kills it more then sun light IMO. I like getting it from sally's because it lasts me a month or two for $5. How long do red removing products last in a hot van is what I would like to know.

I made the stair tool holder...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom