anyone here regularly dual wand with a 59 slide in?

Dave Rampage

I tried it with my old Vortex. It was a 59 blower. It only seemed ok for 1 on carpetand one on upholstery. I think a 59 is too small.

Dave

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I did a little of it with the Thermal Wave II we had, I think that was a 5.6 blower

upholstery and carpet dual was ok but heat was really down to like 180 ATM

talk to Walt, he probably does and he was ranked very high on Waldo's top 25

I dual wand with my Everest almost daily. I have not had any problems. I do have to turn the pressure up when running two tools.

There is ample vacuum.

If you want to go all out, buy a small LG heater for colder months or if you are running two high flow wands etc.

We run two 6 flow wands.

No problems.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

We have several customers who dual wand with #59 blowers on their Nissan 860 TM's.

It has direct drive & 4" plumbing to the recovery tank

The 860 has a big General pump that can easily handle even hi-flow.

A couple of water damage guys triple wand with them.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
Larry Cobb said:
Mikey;

We have several customers who dual wand with #59 blowers on their Nissan 860 TM's.

The 860 has a big General pump that can easily handle even hi-flow.

A couple of water damage guys triple wand with them.

Larry

Triple wanding water extraction wouldn't require extra heat or pump capacity.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
I dual wand with my Everest almost daily. I have not had any problems. I do have to turn the pressure up when running two tools.

There is ample vacuum.

If you want to go all out, buy a small LG heater for colder months or if you are running two high flow wands etc.

We run two 6 flow wands.

No problems.

not to beat a dead horse...

BUT

you do run on low, single wanding.....ima thinking he wants more then slightly better then porty vac results

and i know you gonna get defensive.....but lets hold a poll on wether its a good idea or not :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Walt

Mikey P said:
not once a month but daily..

and if you use to have a Vortex, your opinion is even more valued.

It has no problem keeping up. It will hold 15+ hg with both wands connected. Here's the rub, with all the extra air going through the rectangular tank it shuts off much earlier. so the tank design is a issue. We use 2.5 hose with 50 ft of 2.0

What ever machine you are looking at, you are going to have to try it out first. If it's not set up well you won't be happy.

Btw- I don't dual every day. I didn't with the V either. However, for most of one summer we gave it a shot and tried to dual wand every job possible with the dxt. It was a hassle for a number of reasons not connected with the machine.

Walt

Dave Rampage said:
I tried it with my old Vortex. It was a 59 blower. It only seemed ok for 1 on carpetand one on upholstery. I think a 59 is too small.

Dave

Out of curiosity, was yours Plumbed the same as your newer machine?

I've seen some older 5.9 V's and they all had square waste tanks and 90 degree elbows coming off the blower. Also, did it have that stupid undersized ball valve coming off one of the vac ports?

frank

Name
frank pulido
We've been dual wanding for about 5 years with a genesis 59 with out any problems of heat or vacuum but we re-plumbed the blower system to 4" instead of 2 2" silencers.
and we dual wand almost every job.

frank p
www.pulidoscc.com 8)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sounds like you need to have Les make you a Judson c4 deluxe. The way they set their machines up, they should have no problem fitting a larger engine and a 6008 blower (or bigger) and plumbed to a larger tank for you and still come in cheaper than these heat exchanger machines. Hell he could probably set it up for dual h3t burners too so you would have no heat loss.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Dave Rampage said:

Dave

the real problem with the older 777 v's like mine, are the vac ports on the side of the waste tank are two inch. on top of being two inch, they both have ball valves , reducing id in that ball valve to 1.75 id or smaller. if you use an inline filter it only further restricts the vac and this is before you have even started your vac run.

i have three trucks all using 59s and the secret to unleashing the true potential is in the plumbing. we also increased the size of all the plumbing in the truck to three inch on both vac lines coming out of the waste tank and 5 inch plumbing going in and out of the blower. at 1450 engine rpm my trucks will hold 15.5" hg dual wanding easily. i can increase the rpms but greenie as well as others advised against it and 15"-15.5" hg is plenty.

If a blower is built to accept 3 inch hose meaning it has a 3 inch port, how are you going to plumb it for 5 inch?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Daniel said:
If a blower is built to accept 3 inch hose meaning it has a 3 inch port, how are you going to plumb it for 5 inch?
Just increase the 3" opening to 5" with a bell reducer - 3 X 5.

I increased the discharge side of our #45 blower from 2.5" to 4", and into a 4" Stoddard silencer, using only 2 -45º elbows between the blower and the silencer.

Dual wanding is no problem. But if you listen to others, they say you have to have at least a 59 blower to dual wand properly.

Sorry, but I disagree with that.

floorguy said:
danielc said:

There is ample vacuum.

We run two 6 flow wands.

No problems.

BUT

you do run on low, single wanding.....ima thinking he wants more then slightly better then porty vac results

and i know you gonna get defensive.....but lets hold a poll on wether its a good idea or not :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Not to beat a dead horse Doug, but I do what is necessary to get the best results. We dual wanded a big job this morning, cleaned a nasty poly and needed more heat so I turned it up, dropped my help off, and finished up this job solo. How much heat and suck do you need? When I am talking with the customer, moving things, and the carpet is not too dirty, I am fine running on low. There is no sense in the machine being pegged on 230 dumping water. It just depends on the situation. I only do it about 50 percent of the time single wanding. Still there is plenty of vac and heat. The heat will stay around 200 which is plenty for most jobs. Redline cuts everything with ease.

We ran two 100' lines a few weeks back with two upholstery tools on low. The performance was great.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRgxhQHqsaw4]

Dave Rampage

Walt,

I did get rid of that ball valve. I think the question of can you duel wand is like asking someone if their car is in mint condition. One person may say mint condition and that same car is junk to someone else. We all have a different set of standards in
This industry.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
How many rpm does the 59 blower turn at? That and plumbing would seem to effect the vac. But if you open up the plumbing on a heat exchanger machine, won't you lose heat? How many cfm will a 59 produce at 2000, 2500, 3000, rpm with 2", 3", 4" plumbing? Will a 48 at 3000 rpm do what at 59 will at 2500, all other things being equal?

Walt

Dave Rampage said:
Walt,

I did get rid of that ball valve. I think the question of can you duel wand is like asking someone if their car is in mint condition. One person may say mint condition and that same car is junk to someone else. We all have a different set of standards in
This industry.

Ok, so you lost the ball valve. But you didn't answer the other questions. Was there a 90 degree angle on the blower? Was it plumbed 4 inches or more all the way? Were there any bottle necks?

I put 3k hours on my 6008 vortex. It was in very good condition with all the upgrades (manifold/2.5 hose). When I got something else I was very concerned about the performance difference. The truth is there wasn't much difference in performance - dual wanding with long runs. I was surprised. Maybe even shocked.

Proper plumbing and 2.5 hose changed the equation.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Loren Egland said:
How many rpm does the 59 blower turn at? That and plumbing would seem to effect the vac. But if you open up the plumbing on a heat exchanger machine, won't you lose heat? How many cfm will a 59 produce at 2000, 2500, 3000, rpm with 2", 3", 4" plumbing? Will a 48 at 3000 rpm do what at 59 will at 2500, all other things being equal?

my heat comes from the trucks power plant not a gas motor needing sufficeint load to produce btu's.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Michael Lockhart said:
my heat comes from the trucks power plant not a gas motor needing sufficeint load to produce btu's.
My heat comes from our 220,000 BTU LP heater, and is consistently hot when running 2 wands (up to 240º at each wand if necessary). We normally dual wand with 200º - 220º at each wand, or less when it is not very soiled.

Daniel Costley said:
There is no sense in the machine being pegged on 230 dumping water.
...and our TM does not use a water box, nor does it use a transfer pump between the fresh water tank and the high-pressure Cat pump, nor does it ever dump, or divert, ANY hot water within the heating system, if the wand isn't being keyed.

This TM will be going into it's third van this year.

It is great having a simple-designed truckmount with this much power for cleaning, with so few repairs, over the 25+ years it has been in service for us.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
floorguy said:
danielc said:

There is ample vacuum.

We run two 6 flow wands.

No problems.

BUT

Not to beat a dead horse Doug, but I do what is necessary to get the best results. We dual wanded a big job this morning, cleaned a nasty poly and needed more heat so I turned it up, dropped my help off, and finished up this job solo. How much heat and suck do you need? When I am talking with the customer, moving things, and the carpet is not too dirty, I am fine running on low. There is no sense in the machine being pegged on 230 dumping water. It just depends on the situation. I only do it about 50 percent of the time single wanding. Still there is plenty of vac and heat. The heat will stay around 200 which is plenty for most jobs. Redline cuts everything with ease.

We ran two 100' lines a few weeks back with two upholstery tools on low. The performance was great.

m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRgxhQHqsawm]

Ill start this with saying i dont have any of my exhaust exchangers sooooo

but how is the machine dumping when running at mid level on a single wand....cant imagine it gets THAT hot.....i think its a 150 or 180 dump in the water box....

once this weatehr warms up, i am going to focus on tweaking my tank....the fact they shrink things 1.75" ID if your lucky on those 2" ports....

anyway as they say...you do what you gotta do to make custys happy and so will i.......though dont be a dumbass and bury your head in the sand screaming nanananana....and not try listening to people...try what they say and go from there...

cuz you sound EXACTLY like some dumb ass cleaners around here, when i ask them about 2.5 or glides, or why you running that pos 1.5" whip....they all just scoff at me....and i feel like telling them **** you then i wont try to help :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Jimbo

My V had the 5.9 blower...but I seldom dual wanded with it...the 4008 in my Everest is a toy compared to the 5.9...I am toying with the idea of grafting a 6008 Tuthill with the Everest...that should be fun!

My suggestion is to get Les to build YOU a 6008 machine...he keeps resisting...says the 4008 is all anyone will ever need...but then the guy in the field...(You and others)...still want the higher, no compromise vacuum...why not combine the best of both...slide in with a huge blower?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
when the 408 goes out in my everest... i have already talked to some blower guys....i am putting in a 59 or larger if the motor handles it....

Back
Top Bottom