Anyone install their own bedliner/epoxy in truck/van?

G

I've always had my vans spray lined with rhyno liner or linex. Has anyone found a way to do it themselves? Are there products that work well???i.e. don't chip or flake, repel water...etc???

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i too used herculiner and found application easy and duribility outstanding so far. i would say one of the most important parts of any bedliner or similair install would be the cleaning and prep of all surfaces involed.

Name
Nate W.
Jimbo aka Jim Eckman used Upol raptor. Seems like a winner to me. You can spray it on. Can get it color matched if you want to.

Maybe Jimbo can post the pics of his rig.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
For the guys that want to save a about $200 we put Herculiner in for them. In a van/trailer we usually use two boxes. You need to put down two coats. In a box truck with a wood floor expect to put down 4-5 boxes. The wood floor just soaks it up. If you take your time and prep it right it should hold up as well as paying someone to spray it in.

Bad thing is you need to wait 24-48 hours between coats. Having it sprayed in you can be installing in 24 hours.

We charge about $650 to put it in and we can get it sprayed for around $850 (vans) and for a trailer about $500 compared to 700.

Jimbo

UPOL Raptor is the bomb, Curt...You buy it at a paint shop...and they TINT it to get the color you want...It is a 2 part catalyzed product...I think I had about 200 dollars in enough to do the van up 2 feet...including release tape...masking materials, etc...you MUST mask off and cover the whole van THE WHOLE VAN...because the stuff is tenacious in its gripping ability...and has some dwell time after leaving the SCHUTZ gun needed to apply it.

It has outlasted the herculiner I have used in the past by a long margin.

Name
I'm Rick James
I was going to do the bedliner, but decided to go with to go with Sealed wood and glueing a indoor outdoor carpet to it. I priced it out yesterday and its going to be around $100.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
we put G-Floor onthe floor and on the walls was a 2 part catalyzed paint that's used on boats, Bob would remember the name of it.
Both have stood up well. Someone mentioned their GFloor bubbled. We put caulking around the edges and its never been an issue in 18mths. Cleans up very well.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I used a 2 part urethane purchased from Sherwin automotive. use a real good respirator rated for it, the stuff is nasty. the kit came with a sprayer that screwed right to the can. i rolled mine on. it dries fast and never chipped. there is still some on the driveway that leaked thru a screw hole.

I use the rhino now, much easier.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom