Anyone not using encap juice when padcapping?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
For years I've thought I needed encap juice when padcapping. Mainly with a brute. I ran out recently and have been using just procyon. The dirt on the pads is at least as good as other encapping juices if not better. Supposedly procyon does not leave a residue??.

Anyone noticing a long term difference when cleaning without encap juice?. Note, the pad is changed more frequently then with encap juice so essentially you are taking more dirt out and relying less in the encap.

Albert

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Albert
I would thinking your cleaning would be just as good, but the big negative would be that spots and spills have a better chance of resurfacing.

If few spots and spills, you're probably good!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
To add to Richards post... Procyon, soap free, and many non detergent products work effectively with low moisture systems mostly becuase you are using an oxidizer and surfactant combo that simply makes the water wetter and uses the carbonation and stain properties to help with the cleaning process. They don't have any residues to leave behind thus the ability to use them across a wide variety of situations includeing bonnet/pad cleaning, or extraction cleaning.

but again the downside is no polymers to help prevent resoil.

Although I agree that the encap products can help prevent resoiling, I think the main main cause of spots reappearing is overwetting and leaving a residue.

We used a non-encap dry cleaning product (Ultra Dry) and never had any resoiling issues.

If Procyon and Soap Free products truly clean without a residue, they should be on par with encap products as far as resoiling rates.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've used Procyon in the past for bonnet cleaning.
Are you able to use Procyon along with an encap product to help with wicking?
At the same time? One after the other?

This Encap thing is new to me although I understand the basics.
You may be seeing more post from me about it. uh oh. :shock:

Edit: Spelling

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Remember....Procyon is really nothing but salt....sodium.....and phosphoric acid. If any residue, it would be flakey, dried salt.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks. I remember John G. saying his carpets stayed cleaner longer after switching from his cleaner to his new encap juice (at the time). Any of you experience the same with commercial carpet?. I switch around so much that I don't even know.

Regarding the spills, if there are just a few , a spray bottle with the ecncap juice concentrated would work on those areas.

Yes, I guess I'm just talking about padding vs padcapping.

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The polymers in an encap product that actuelly crystallize DO help prevent resoiling becaus the soil and moisture not removed with the pads will crystalize by the polymers in the encap product but the soap free detergents do not "hold" the soil in place, meaning its free to wick back up. Try it foryourself and you'll see what most people in the encap community are talking about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom