Anyone own a Judson truckmount?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Time for a replacement unit. Contacted Judsons who don't show the dimmensions of their units on their websites.
No response yet.
Anyone with a Nitro or TNT who can help?

roro

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Re: Anyone own a Judson truckmout?

admiralclean said:
Your not buying one from Duane?

I am looking to one of three. Preference is for one of Duane's but was also interested in Judsons and one other depending on what size. If possible I want to avoid hacking around an existing truck layout.

roro

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member

I own a tnt its got 240 heat all day long with hi flow wand low dry times
and VERY easy to work on.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

Mikey has the latest from Judson
Bob Foster has an older rejuvenated TNT, now converted to propane.
I've got the CanAm, a TNT with a little bigger engine,25hp converted to propane, and 4.7 blower .

Been running mine since July1st 08, just over 600hrs, change the oil, did a couple little mods, the only part I had to replace has been a bushing holding the pulsation dampener. Not a minute of down time. Costs about $6/hr in fuel to operate. LOTS of heat, have it outfitted with all 2.5" hose and a 50ft 2" lead hose, greenhorn wand. Excellent dry times.

Bjorn

you know there is a thing called a phone?

Bob Foster

ChurchofJudson.jpg

roro

Name
Ross Craig

Rightie Tightie said:
you know there is a thing called a phone?

Yep

so why didn't you use it when you were asking me how to make an inline pumpout. :p :p :p

roro

gary mackay

I recently got the older version of the tNT & am real happy with it! It's all in one cube except the 4ht & my truck rides better now. The heat is outstanding & so is the Judson support. If I had one thing to bitch about on it is that damn float in the mix tank that keeps beating on the inside wall of the tank while I'm driving. It gives me eye twitches from listening to it so i'm going to wrap some foam around it as soon as I'm finished with therapy.

roro said:
Time for a replacement unit. Contacted Judsons who don't show the dimmensions of their units on their websites.
No response yet.
Anyone with a Nitro or TNT who can help?

roro

Im looking for the PM can't find it sorry.

the TNT is 29''x48''
100_3062.jpg

nitro is 36''x25''
100_1011.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just can't get over how freakin ugly those things are!

And another thing ... how the hell am I suppose to know what those machines carry? 45, 33, 47, 36 blower .... WHAT? Can Am ... TNT ... what the hell does that mean?

admiralclean said:

And another thing ... how the hell am I suppose to know what those machines carry? 45, 33, 47, 36 blower .... WHAT? Can Am ... TNT ... what the hell does that mean?

If you had a choice of a pretty machine, that on high flow would not maintain temperature, and if it breaks there is no way in hell to fix it yourself. Not being able to get the parts local and a life expectancy of about 4-5 years, but that damn thing sure is pretty.

Or, would you give up a little looks to gain the most proven, indistructable truckmount that has ever been produced on planet earth. That will maintain 240 degrees continuously on a high flow system, that if it breaks you are able to repair it yourself with locally found parts, that is constructed out of thick gauge stainless steel. That does not have a life expectancy as long as you keep repacing the worn out parts.

But I will make a special deal with anyone, you pay me the same profit margins that my competitors are making and I will make the machine look just like the instrument panel of the space shuttle.

The TNT has a 45 blower, 350 cfm.
The Nitro has 33 blower, 186 cfm.
The Can-Am/Lunch Pail/C-4: has a 408 blower, over 500 cfm.

Marty, thanks for bringing up the updates needed for our website.

TimP

No mention of the reactor.

Could one get the reactor in a larger engine like the C-4? To make it dual wand capable? If the c-4 is truly dual capable? or maybe a 56 blower? if someone twisted an arm and wanted to pay for it?

clean one

I have a 92 Nitro with over 4800 hrs on its a great machine if you don't do long hose runs. I also bought a used TNT over a year ago with 1600 hrs it now has just over 2300 hrs on it once again another great machine. It would be really hard for me to even think about any other type of machine. My ex brother in law has a OLD OLD Nitro i have no idea how old it is but he bought it used. He has put 2 or 3 motors on it cause he didn't ever ck the oil DOH. He still runs it everyday.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
admiralclean said:
Can you get those things in unpainted stainless steel?

Funny, I asked this exact same question in another post about Judsons and never got an answer.Lets see what happens this time.

admiralclean said:

First to Mikey or anyone using a Lunchpail or similar Judson, since the blower is so big are you running the machine wide open or a little less?

Second, No offense to anyone using a Vortex, but I asked my sister who knows didly about carpet cleaning equipment what she thought about the Vortex and she said the machine doesn't look big enough or not as good as the one you have (LEGEND XL). Someone who doesn't know anything about carpet cleaning equipment is going to look at a Vortex and say that is a nice machine in a big truck, but they aren't going to be able to figure out that the truck is the real power of the set-up. If they see two box trucks, they are not going to notice the difference unless you explain it to them. Take out all the hose reels and tanks and you are left with a pretty small unit and it looks like just a small piece of equipment in a large truck. Is this making any sense? The Judson machines look good because the are clean and look easy to keep clean. If the machine is shiny, your customers will love it. I wouldn't mind testing one out. The Vortex is a very nice looking machine, but the idea that a customer is going to look at it and say wow that machine looks a lot more powerful than that other machine (Everest or similar), isn't likely in my opinion.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
You are making perfect sense Daniel. A box truck with a large attractive truck mount inside will do the trick.

I think Mikey should have put that lunchpail into a 12 foot box van and had a sweet set up.

Bob Foster

I couldn't agree more Loren. That's what I did (in a 14 foot). But I recall something about Mike has some tight spots that he wanted a smaller truck to get into.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i got one of them judson machine,s... it,s CRAP
i dont get to work on it at the weekends or bring it into a shop for repairs during the week all i get to do is hook up the hoses turn the key and go to work....im sick of it ...i need a machine that i can bitch and moan about so i can fit in around here and have marty moments

but i do get to cook my breakfest on the hx

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Bob. That's the nice thing about a 10 foot or a 12 foot box van. You can get them without the dual rear wheels. My box van is no wider or longer than a regular van, just a little taller. Supreme makes a nice 12 foot similar to my Grumman Olson box. You can also order it with a factory side door with a handy step up just inside the door. Me thinks Mikey could find a way to get everything he needs into one of these type box vans. I love mine. See at www.deltasteamway.com

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah I'm not at the point in my career where I wan't to wrench on a lawn mower motor in between jobs...

Greenie

I know Chris is having some fun. How many JUdson owners do you think actually wrench on the motor once a year, let alone "between jobs" lol

okay...spark plugs are an exception....as is this little thign called an oil filter.

They are as reliable as they come, and don't burn $7/hr in fuel nor depreciate the value of the van with each running hour.

10 yr. parts...huh?

clean one

On my Nitro with over 4800 hrs on it i only had 1 time since 92 i had to work on it to get started on job. The teflon or plastic drive gear on starter worn down so thin that when i went to start it just spun. Within a hour and $7.00 i was back at job cleaning. After that i know i had to plan on that just like belts and oil changes just not that often. Or just plan Maintenance.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Greenie said:
I know Chris is having some fun. How many JUdson owners do you think actually wrench on the motor once a year, let alone "between jobs" lol

okay...spark plugs are an exception....as is this little thign called an oil filter.

They are as reliable as they come, and don't burn $7/hr in fuel nor depreciate the value of the van with each running hour.

10 yr. parts...huh?

burning 1.5gal of propane /hr. at 80 cents/litre= ~$3.00/US gal, => $4.50/hr to run the CanAm on propane.

Bob Foster

My propane powered JudsonTNT and Little Giant #4 propane heater runs even cheaper than that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom