Anyone Try Vacaways "Peroxcellent" yet?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I ordered up some to try. Should there be any problem with that quantity of peroxcide on a carpet? I've never actually used peroxcide as a pre-spray on a carpet.

I'll fire up some pre-spray tomorrow.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used on an account we clean a couple of times a year. Always cleans well, but doesn't look great. We tried Peroxcellent and it really looked better. The only negative is the high dilution rate. Because of that we will just use it on problem jobs.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Bobert I am surprized that you have never used a peroxide on carpet.
Where have you been?

In the dark ages?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
So far I have been impressed with it but the real test is the resoil rate. I'll report back next month with my findings. That said, Steve is a pretty awesome formulator it's probably going to be a great product.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
So who want to be mr. Guinea pig and do a test of the Peroxide encaps to one another. Between Vacaway, Releasit, Core Products, and Bridgepoint.. seems everyone is jumping on that train.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I got a case last week and have used most of it. I used it as a prespray and then ran it through the machine as the rinse. The job was pretty bad, cgd , and always smells bad when ever the last company cleaned it. This time there was virtually no odor. It works well and I like the smell. The problem I see is because it's so hot here the gallons where about to explode. It's a good thing that they taped them shut. The first day if you got any on your hands it reacted quickly but by the second day the reaction was minor. I don't think that the peroxide can take the heat here. I like the product and will probably order more during the winter months when the heat doesn't kill it.

gene

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
MANDINGO said:
Bobert I am surprized that you have never used a peroxide on carpet.
Where have you been?

In the dark ages?

Mandingo.......I think certain chem use varies around the country. I personally don't know any cleaners in my area using peroxcide, or cleaners with peroxcide in them. I would think preoxcide users are primarily readers of these BB's.

I've used Procyon for 15+ years, yet there are areas where cleaners haven't heard about it. I read about pre-sprays on the BB here that I have never heard of.

But I'm going to try out Peroxcellent.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
MANDINGO said:
Mandingo say he sorry if word said by him hurt you.

:cry:

Word no hurt me, mandingo.....I may be in the Dark Ages. I am 58. I wonder if Meat is using peroxcide?? He's one of us Dark Agers here in Ohio.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The only reason I use it as much as I do is because I get to carry a Sally's Beauty Club card!

Fortunately it doesn't have my picture on it.

:-)
Lee

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My tech added a little power break with it and the next day I had a big white blob. First time I had that problem with a cleaner not being compatible with another cleaner. Lesson learned. I'm not sure why he though it need boosted, the stuff cleans great.

gene

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I have created cottage cheese a couple of times when adding Dirt Assassin with left over Soapfree, I am not sure how long it takes to create the blob but its there the next morning & clogs up inline sprayers.

I have a gallon of Peroxellent on hand for those special situation jobs...Hot Knife for most everything else.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
rwcarpet said:
MANDINGO said:
Mandingo say he sorry if word said by him hurt you.

:cry:

Word no hurt me, mandingo.....I may be in the Dark Ages. I am 58. I wonder if Meat is using peroxcide?? He's one of us Dark Agers here in Ohio.

Oh, and Mandingo.....I see that you clean area rugs. I could probably see the need for peroxcide on fringe work. I do very few area, or Oriental rugs.

After cleaning for over 30 years, I must be doing something right to get the carpets clean without peroxcide. But I am open to any new products that will make my job easier.

Carry on.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it also has a lot to do with the condition of the carpets you clean, if you see a lot of trashed carpet peroxide is probably a good secret weapon to have.

If you clean a lot of light to moderate soiling you're not going to have as much need unless it white carpet and has some pet or water staining.

dgargan

LOL! I have one of those cards Lee. I've been a card carrying member for years. It takes a real man to have a Sally Beauty Supply card in your wallet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom