Anyone use Jobber cloud base software? .. instead of service monster..

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think this thread has evolved into a crap on ServiceMonster thread. That's not very fair, I think. While there certainly are a few things about SM I think should be improved, there's things about every program designed by man that need improvement. All in all, SM is working well for my needs, and whenever I need help they are Johnny on the spot. (As those weird Australian's like to say.)

I really DO wish they'd make the s.f. to price calculations more logical in their invoices.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I think this thread has evolved into a crap on ServiceMonster thread. That's not very fair, I think. While there certainly are a few things about SM I think should be improved, there's things about every program designed by man that need improvement. All in all, SM is working well for my needs, and whenever I need help they are Johnny on the spot. (As those weird Australian's like to say.)

I really DO wish they'd make the s.f. to price calculations more logical in their invoices.

Yeah, especially when you consider 9:10 cleaners have nothing!

Plus at least the owner is coming here to answer questions.

Reactions: hogjowl

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Plus at least the owner is coming here to answer questions.

Agreed.... BUT when that owner throws in a claim about his product that doesn't seem to be true, small though it may be, in my mind it negates EVERYTHING he has to say. I was just reading thru this thread with no intention of commenting until he said that.

I guess why it bothered me so much was that there are some requests I have logged to SM about the program many times and long ago and I see nothing happening. I realize I'm not the only person wanting changes and we all probably have a different set of criteria for those changes but I've seen NOTHING happening.

Am I wrong? Last update I've seen from SM was to 5.0 and that's been a long time ago.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Agreed.... BUT when that owner throws in a claim about his product that doesn't seem to be true, small though it may be, in my mind it negates EVERYTHING he has to say. I was just reading thru this thread with no intention of commenting until he said that.

Am I wrong? Last update I've seen from SM was to 5.0 and that's been a long time ago.

I'm not qualified to say, never used SM.

It was a general comment from the outside looking in.

hogjowl

Idiot™
They tried to make me feel stupid (not a hard thing to do in most situations) over my price vs s.f. calculations concerns when I first brought it up. Still, if QuickBooks can do it, SM should be able to do it too.

It's those little things that seem to add up over time.

Name
I'm Rick James

I don't view it that way..

This thread is giving the owners of these cloudbase software companies insight to what the consumer REALLY wants out of a product like theirs. That is the beauty of competition, those who work harder at giving the consumer the best product usually wins in the end. SM even said they were the first and the biggest.. well what happen? Did they NOT listen to the people who are using their product? If so, I think they would be killing the competition with innovations but they don't even do what other similar services offer at no extra cost. Them having to team with fittlebug indicates to me their limitation of in house expansion with certain upgrades.. just my opinion.. but is true.

I didn't intend to create this thread to dog SM.. with the voices speaking up in this thread its does indicate that people want more out of SM.. or they will go find a company that will give them what they want.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
It's not insight it's BASHING. We can pick any supplier, service provider or organization within our industry and bash it on a forum but what has it really resolved?

Name
I'm Rick James
It's not insight it's BASHING. We can pick any supplier, service provider or organization within our industry and bash it on a forum but what has it really resolved?

The resolve is up the the company that is being talked about and if they are really going to listen to their customers needs..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Jobber offers free use of their service for 30 days. Why not poke around with the software for a few weeks to see if you like it? I just signed up for the free trial. I really have no intention of leaving SM, just like to be well informed.

Fill My Schedule is becoming an important part of what we do. Jobber doesn't offer anything like it (that I know of).

I wish there was something that was app based. The Mobil versions of both seem kind of clunky, outdated and difficult to navigate on a smartphone or tablet. Most apps are very easy to use. I'm not an IT guy (obviously), maybe there is a good reason for this?

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Russ - A program like SM or Jobber have a lot of detail, and although they would love to bring it all down to a 2x5 screen, it is NOT as easy to lay out so EVERYONE will like it. Then again, there are always those that would like something different in the layout of content. I'm up and made it through the weekend if you want to talk.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ - A program like SM or Jobber have a lot of detail, and although they would love to bring it all down to a 2x5 screen, it is NOT as easy to lay out so EVERYONE will like it. Then again, there are always those that would like something different in the layout of content. I'm up and made it through the weekend if you want to talk.

Thanks Steve. I'm halfway through my coffee and then out to my first job. It will have to be some other time.

The Clean Machine

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
Jobber offers free use of their service for 30 days. Why not poke around with the software for a few weeks to see if you like it? I just signed up for the free trial. I really have no intention of leaving SM, just like to be well informed.

Fill My Schedule is becoming an important part of what we do. Jobber doesn't offer anything like it (that I know of).

I wish there was something that was app based. The Mobil versions of both seem kind of clunky, outdated and difficult to navigate on a smartphone or tablet. Most apps are very easy to use. I'm not an IT guy (obviously), maybe there is a good reason for this?

Thanks Russ for checking us out and getting a trial. I agree with you, no harm and knowing what is out there, even if you have no plans of sticking with us.

I am not completely aware of what Fill My Schedule is, I might have to poke around myself so I can check it out. From what I have read Jobber does not have something like it yet.

Jobber started with more lawn care and landscaping companies then anything else. We have recently started getting a lot of maid services and smaller cleaning companies using us, and carpet cleaning is an industry that we would love to work towards being a better fit for.

Our apps for Android and iOS have been in development for about 3-4 months now, and are both being beta tested right now. We hope to have them out soon of course since I am also not a big fan of the mobile experience currently and think that really great apps will make a huge difference for whoever does them well.

-Landen

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Russ for checking us out and getting a trial. I agree with you, no harm and knowing what is out there, even if you have no plans of sticking with us.

I am not completely aware of what Fill My Schedule is, I might have to poke around myself so I can check it out. From what I have read Jobber does not have something like it yet.

Jobber started with more lawn care and landscaping companies then anything else. We have recently started getting a lot of maid services and smaller cleaning companies using us, and carpet cleaning is an industry that we would love to works towards being a better fit for.

Our apps for Android and iOS have been in development for about 3-4 months now, and are both being beta tested right now. We hope to have them out soon of course since I am also not a big fan of the mobile experience currently and think that really great apps will make a huge difference for whoever does them well.

-Landen

Fill My Schedule is a customer retention program that SM offers. They do a great job of automating thank you cards as well as reminder cards being sent every 3 months from the date of cleaning. Everything is very professional, totally customizable, and is delivered in a sealed envelope.

We have been using SM for about 1.5 years and I can say its one of the better business decisions I've made in the recent past. It allows me to focus more on the daily operations, as I am an owner/operator.

SM has been great to deal with over the phone whenever we have an issue. Our call is answered quickly, by someone who knows what they are talking about.

I recently did some tweaking of our reminder cards and they made it painless. We are reaping rewards from Fill My Schedule.

That being said, Jobber looks great from everything I can see. I'm glad SM has some competition. I do believe they will have to improve their product to better compete. I believe they will improve.

I'm glad you mentioned your apps that are coming. I think that is extremely important. I think web based software feels clunky on my iPhone and iPad. Someone (I think Steve from FittleBug) mentioned "its hard to make everyone happy when you only have a 2"x5" screen". I think Steve was overlooking everything a GOOD app does. A GOOD app makes the most use out of such small real estate. That is SM's biggest flaw IMO. It's not as mobile friendly as it could be.

I'm a carpet cleaner, not app developer BUT I do very much recognize the value of easy to use technology. Our clients value it too. We must be easy to deal with. I want my software and customer retention to be as slick and easy as possible. It allows me to focus on other things.

Glad you're here Landen, I hope SM is watching...

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Jobber

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Fill My Schedule is a customer retention program that SM offers. They do a great job of automating thank you cards as well as reminder cards being sent every 3 months from the date of cleaning. Everything is very professional, totally customizable, and is delivered in a sealed envelope.

We have been using SM for about 1.5 years and I can say its one of the better business decisions I've made in the recent past. It allows me to focus more on the daily operations, as I am an owner/operator.

SM has been great to deal with over the phone whenever we have an issue. Our call is answered quickly, by someone who knows what they are talking about.

I recently did some tweaking of our reminder cards and they made it painless. We are reaping rewards from Fill My Schedule.

That being said, Jobber looks great from everything I can see. I'm glad SM has some competition. I do believe they will have to improve their product to better compete. I believe they will improve.

I'm glad you mentioned your apps that are coming. I think that is extremely important. I think web based software feels clunky on my iPhone and iPad. Someone (I think Steve from FittleBug) mentioned "its hard to make everyone happy when you only have a 2"x5" screen". I think Steve was overlooking everything a GOOD app does. A GOOD app makes the most use out of such small real estate. That is SM's biggest flaw IMO. It's not as mobile friendly as it could be.

I'm a carpet cleaner, not app developer BUT I do very much recognize the value of easy to use technology. Our clients value it too. We must be easy to deal with. I want my software and customer retention to be as slick and easy as possible. It allows me to focus on other things.

Glad you're here Landen, I hope SM is watching...

The Clean Machine

Russ - My philosophy has always been "if it ain't easy, it ain't good. Error on the side of simplicity.". My comments earlier were really referencing that some programs have a lot of content to get to a 2 X 5 screen. If you are constantly changing screens because there is so much content, you might as well be using a tablet or laptop.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ - My philosophy has always been "if it ain't easy, it ain't good. Error on the side of simplicity.". My comments earlier were really referencing that some programs have a lot of content to get to a 2 X 5 screen. If you are constantly changing screens because there is so much content, you might as well be using a tablet or laptop.

I do use an iPad mini in the field. I use an iPhone as well. SM on my iPad is WAY better than me doing everything on paper, like I used to. SM on my phone is not practical except maybe getting a quick address or entering a check I just picked up from the PO box.

The information that is available to everyone with a smartphone is incredible.

Any productivity app developer is faced with the challenge of making lots of info quick and easy to deal with. Excellent apps do this well. I don't need to see tons of info on any given screen, I really don't want to. In every home I go in, I have my measuring wheel in one hand and the calculator on my phone in the other. I take all the measurements THEN enter into the iPad at the end. I'm convinced this could be slicker.

I had Hoody make me a mobile website for these same reasons. People want something easy to deal with, on their phone.

I love SM. I know I appreciate constructive criticism that's why I gave that feedback. If I were them, I'd hire the best app developer I could find to take their mobile experience to the next level.

I think that Google Calendar integration needs to happen ASAP. Fill My Schedule is SO good that it makes up for some of the obvious shortcomings.

I'll try to play with Jobber enough over the next few weeks to give some good feedback. It will be a bit of a challenge because, what do you know, SPRING IS HERE!!!! We are VERY busy and I'm committed to SM and doubling up all my data entry will be a pain.

I honestly think we have a couple excellent products to choose from. It's like all the Truckmounts we love talking about. We just have to find what works best for us.

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
Fill My Schedule is interesting. I really don't know if Jobber will do something like that, but I imagine if we do it would all be online forms of marketing like email automation integration, text reminders and that kind of stuff. Hard to say though.

Tablets are the better option I think for being out in the field, but there are some parts to an iPhone app that make it useful to. Since it is so new it will take a lot of work and iterations to get the usability and experience really solid. We want it to have all the power that you want, but not all at once, so the most important aspects of Jobber that you would need at available easily.

Would love to hear your feedback if you do get a chance to look around Jobber Russ. Since we are newish to the carpet cleaning industry I know we have a lot to learn.

-Landen

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I "fell your pain" too

It just boggles my mind that some of you think FB n SM are over priced!?!?
Ok-- so most of you probably never went to college or business school or don't read business books so maybe that is why you think this way... apologize to those who have-- BUT this is for YOUR OWN GOOD...
Companies that don't embrace technology will be replaced by companies that DO.
So which costs more?-- paying for tech or losing your company to it?

I fell your pain if you are struggling- its hard out there for OO and small firms-- but if you want the pain to stop- then quit or - Get out of your own way and change your beliefs or read a book.

I'm loving FB n SM cus it makes me money while I sleep or do other things... I love seeing jobs being booked after hours or when the phone lines are too busy.
And I'm working on an advertising campaign for my custys who booked online to remind them of the benefits of FB's SAFE program, which allows the to earn cleaning credits just for referring friends and family-- if this SAFE thing works like I hope it will--- it will be the "nail in the coffin" for some of my competitors.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Ok, A service that will,
1. Keep my customer base and details ( last job, sites, details and notes on sites full profile etc..)
2. Track lead source and other deatils and report tools
3. log services and pricing with specs
4. invoicing and tracking of accounts receivable
5. track routes and print, email route packets
6. handle my post cards with one click and including mailing them and with no minimum
7. and i could go on and on and for the cost its a no brainer.
I would really be interested in what other options the are available with the SM features and value.
I have looked and can not find anything. My only "wish" not a gripe or complaint is i would like to see SM integrate with my online scheduler. I know Sm has been promising this feature for years and by the looks of it they are about to get it done and then in my opinion they will make what is already an awesome service and value into a masterpiece. lol.

Nothing against service monster but when you can't integrated an online scheduler with your system and must rely on a 3rd party vendor for service.. that is kinda a red flag with their abilities to keep up with the competition. I have looked A LOT for cloud based software and most of them have a bunch of features like online scheduler, quickbooks online sync and so on already with their service and at the same cost as if not cheaper than service monster. SM just has a hard time keeping up with its competitors and has really fallen behind. In all the FB/SM combo will run you at least $3600 a year.. tough pill to swallow when their are other options for thousands cheaper per year.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
SM does online forms of marketing like email automation integration. tons of marketing options within its campaign tools.

Fill My Schedule is interesting. I really don't know if Jobber will do something like that, but I imagine if we do it would all be online forms of marketing like email automation integration, text reminders and that kind of stuff. Hard to say though.

Tablets are the better option I think for being out in the field, but there are some parts to an iPhone app that make it useful to. Since it is so new it will take a lot of work and iterations to get the usability and experience really solid. We want it to have all the power that you want, but not all at once, so the most important aspects of Jobber that you would need at available easily.

Would love to hear your feedback if you do get a chance to look around Jobber Russ. Since we are newish to the carpet cleaning industry I know we have a lot to learn.

-Landen

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I just wanted to say we have been SLAMMED and I haven't had the time or energy to give Jobber a fair shake during this trial period. I won't likely be able to give it a fair review anytime soon. Maybe I can check it out when things slow down a bit...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I just wanted to say we have been SLAMMED and I haven't had the time or energy to give Jobber a fair shake during this trial period. I won't likely be able to give it a fair review anytime soon. Maybe I can check it out when things slow down a bit...

Yeah i was supposed to test out a new service also this winter.

Never happened, time just flies by sometimes...

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
If anyone wants to try out Jobber and runs out of time with the Trial just let me know. Either here or emailing me directly at landen@getjobber.com and I can extend the trial.

Shane and Russ I can give you both another month free whenever you want it so you have the time to look around properly.

AJR I noted what you said about features you needed. I don't think Jobber is quite there for you yet, but maybe a few months from now we will be a better fit and you could trial us. We are not going away anytime soon so this early feedback is awesome for us so thank you all.

-Landen

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I hate to post with two quotes one being mine, but i think my post here may have been misunderstood.
SM currently does all of the things i listed here and more. It is an awesome value. I hope that the integration of online scheduling on my website does not end up increasing the cost.

Ok, A service that will,
1. Keep my customer base and details ( last job, sites, details and notes on sites full profile etc..)
2. Track lead source and other deatils and report tools
3. log services and pricing with specs
4. invoicing and tracking of accounts receivable
5. track routes and print, email route packets
6. handle my post cards with one click and including mailing them and with no minimum
7. and i could go on and on and for the cost its a no brainer.
I would really be interested in what other options the are available with the SM features and value.
I have looked and can not find anything. My only "wish" not a gripe or complaint is i would like to see SM integrate with my online scheduler. I know Sm has been promising this feature for years and by the looks of it they are about to get it done and then in my opinion they will make what is already an awesome service and value into a masterpiece. lol.

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
I hate to post with two quotes one being mine, but i think my post here may have been misunderstood.
SM currently does all of the things i listed here and more. It is an awesome value. I hope that the integration of online scheduling on my website does not end up increasing the cost.

Oh no problem I understood. I know that you are with Service Monster and was admitting that Jobber does not currently do all the things you mentioned. You just said you were interested in knowing about other options in your post.

-Landen

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Quickbooks is popular, but so fundamentally flawed that it may be difficult to integrate. (Ask any accountant what they thing of QB) Lots of popular freeware (Google) is fun but not secure.

If Service Monster (or Jobber) is going to integrate with every bit of flawed software that carpet cleaners want to use, the cost of their software would have to rise exponentially. You'd have all of the integration you want, at a price you'd refuse to pay.

Jobber

Supportive Member
Name
Landen Crabtree
Quickbooks is popular, but so fundamentally flawed that it may be difficult to integrate. (Ask any accountant what they thing of QB) Lots of popular freeware (Google) is fun but not secure.

If Service Monster (or Jobber) is going to integrate with every bit of flawed software that carpet cleaners want to use, the cost of their software would have to rise exponentially. You'd have all of the integration you want, at a price you'd refuse to pay.

QuickBooks definitely has some issues. We sync with QB and there can sometimes be a lot of issues, mainly with the desktop version. QB Online has a much better sync and there are far less problems.

We have a sync with Xero that is currently in beta but will probably be taken out of beta soon. That will go along with the full launch of our partner program with Xero.

I understand what you mean though, we want to make sure that the integrations don't add a massive cost to the software. The QuickBooks Sync can sometimes cost a huge amount with other software providers, making it almost not worth it.

-Landen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom