Anyone using a Lindhaus?

Mikey P

Administrator
rx-380_666_general.jpg

I really hope Ricky brings one out for MF.

I am very intrigued by all it's features.

But a bit put off by the though of buying a bag for each job but I'm such a vacuum nerd I just got to try a killer bag unit.

I got to say, it will have a hard time beating the POS Bissell Clearview in performance...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i like mine. was against buying bags, but gave it a try. 1st thing i notice, is the vac body is always clean! my dustcup Dyson and Conquest are filthy messes.

the rpm is what gives it the edge.

you'll see soon enough --- Derek.

FastEddie

I just bought one. Over 100 cfm and 5000 rpm brush speed sounds impressive. The brush is extremely smooth and balanced. Probably the quitest vac I have ever used.

I bought 8 bags w/2 exhaust filters for $15-

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I have had one for 3 years, really happy with it. Why change the bag every job? You will not miss cleaning dirt cups, foam filters, screens, etc.

Fon Johnson

Mikey, it looks quite similar to my beloved combivac. I would not mind trying one of those. What do they cost? I have the bissell, and it is a pain despite the fact it does suck well, and the brush is quite aggressive.

Are you at all concerned about IAQ, and the health related issues of breathing crap that is spewed forth from dirty carpet? If you are, then the price of replacement bags is very little. You don't have to change bags every time you go to another house either, unless the bag is full. They don't spread contamination, dust, or odor.

-JB-

Name
JB
Mikey,
If I attend MF (looking very likely, what can I say, I've never been one to plan trips to far in advance) could I somehow arrange to get a Sebo X series, delivered out to the left side for your tests. I have been using them for a few years now and have great confidence in their performance, construction and warranty. I liked them so much I decided to become an authorized Sebo distributor.
omg.jpg

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 172
  • omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 192
  • omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 177

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My recent consumer's reports that I just received rates the SEBO automatic X4 $700 at number 28.

And that is out of 40 upright vacs.

The Dyson's are rated 16 and 17.

A HOOVER Tempo Widepath U5140-900 $60 is rated at number 8.

No mention of the Lindhaus.

Is it me or do you guys just assume that if it costs alot of money or has an exotic name that its better than something cheaper?

By the way that BISSEL Powerforce 6579-2 is rated at number 30.
And it costs $50.

-JB-

Name
JB
So,
Consumer reports Huh?
There about as useful as the CRI SOA program.

Testing a top of the line Sebo @ $699. retail, (yes they do make less expensive models and did I mention I get them wholesale? ) against a $50 POS Bissell (thank you David Oreck) and a $60 Hoover? :?
Hey, why not just throw a carpet flick into the mix for good measure?

I wonder does Car & Driver test Porches against Kia's? Maybe they should otherwise, how would you know if your getting ripped off buying a Porche, WAIT I know, drive both and decide for yourself.

vacum.jpg
:wink:

Attachments

• vacum.jpg
    vacum.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 177
  • vacum.jpg
    vacum.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 172
  • vacum.jpg
    vacum.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 185
R

R W

Anyone using the Powerflite PF-61?? Powerflite Lite. it pulls about 100 cfm, easy change bags, and really sucks. PF has a new lightweight out called the PF-62EC. 8 lbs, and pulls 160 cfm. Looks alot like an Oreck.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Lord knows we wouldn't want anybody doing some research on a piece of equipment he might be purchasing.

The Preacher

we have 4 of the PF-62's at our church, they work well on CGD.

i'd like to run one on a saxony to see how they do.

My Cousin owns Allied Appliance in Willow Glen. I went in today to pick up my Dyson that I burned the gear box out in a year.

He was showing me the Lindhaus. I was impressed with construction and the way the motor shuts off when the roller brush gets jammed the vacuum motor still runs a light comes on and tells you the brush motor turned off.

I hate the bags too but the design is about taking a lot of abuse and still kicking butt. I guess it's big in the hospitals.

He said the only down side was that it's not that big of company and they're a little slow on getting parts out if there is a repair issue.

He made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
John Burris that is a poor argument about consumer's reports.
They do scientific controlled testing to figure out which vacs work best.
They have no agenda to push the high price vacs over cheap ones.

So my point is if they made some vac named "Porshe" there would be some dumb ass carpet cleaner who would buy one because of its name.
Regardless of performance.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was told by a few different sources that CR is /was owned by who ever owns Sears these days...

Looking at all the Kenmore products that make the grade, it's easy to believe..

Fon Johnson

My personal finding is that consumer reports is not always right. My in-laws oh so desperately want my wife to have a certain car that was oh so highly rated in CR. It seems that ALL of the mechanics I have talked to said STAY AWAY from that car. Every person I have talked to who owned one said the same thing. My cousin bought one, and sold it because it was such a big POS.

Consumer Reports is good reading if you are too stupid to figure out things on your own. There ARE lots of other places to see what real world people have to say about products. I often laugh when I see some of the recommendations of CR.

It also appears that Comsumer Reports is financially "in bed" with Toyota, as well. Have you ever seen any other automobile make the CD grade as much as all the models of Toyota?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
As much as these bag vacs rate high on consumer reports, and as tempting as they sound to keep the machine clean, I would be leaving a ton of soil in the carpet if I switched. Its one thing to run a vacuum over a carpet and say; " Ok, its clean. I just vacuumed it !" But its quite a different level to say, "Ok, I KNOW I've gotten all I can from this carpet!"

A bag vac just doesn't allow you to see when the soil is removed as much as a clear canister bagless vac can. I don't know how many times I've worked over and over on a door entrance, or a spot with gyp-rock dust or carpet deodorizer powder, where the dust just keeps pouring in. The first pass just loosened it up. A bag vac, regardless of its cfm or rpm, would have left 90% of it in the carpet.

But, if its all you got, better to use it than to think the truck is going to get it all. Thats an even bigger misconception!

Dust taken from a room and hall JUST vacuumed by owner before I arrived.
DustpileIMG_0053.jpg

DustpileIMG_0048.jpg

One of 14 canisters of carpet deodourizing powder removed from a 200sf living room. Carpet "looked" as clean as it does in the picture. The powder was hiding :evil: (nasty stuff!!) A bag vac wouldn't have touched it and I would have never known it was there.

CLearTracFullCannister.jpg

Attachments

• DustpileIMG_0053.jpg
    DustpileIMG_0053.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 172
  • DustpileIMG_0048.jpg
    DustpileIMG_0048.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 162
  • CLearTracFullCannister.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 211
  • DustpileIMG_0053.jpg
    DustpileIMG_0053.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DustpileIMG_0048.jpg
    DustpileIMG_0048.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 169
  • CLearTracFullCannister.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 193

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So Fon if its not made by Duane you just won't buy it...huh?

And again Mikey is blinded by anything with a high price tag.

The castex wand is probably the only well engineered wand out of the box.
Why the hell would anybody pay $900 for a poorly designed Ti wand that you can't push or pull?

And you have to buy a $200 piece of plastic to put on it to make it slide.

Toyota is highly rated because they make damn good cars.

I will never buy another POS American made car again!

Sears owns CR? LOL!!!!!!

Fon Johnson

Nah, Duane does not make vacuum cleaners, but Clarke sure makes a great one!

I'm a little disappointed in you James. You take a shot at me and that is all you've got? Are you feeling OK? :p

Greenie

I know many here will talk them down, but if you guys are serious about air quality, you will exhaust your vacuum to your waste tank.

Simply awesome performance.

I don't care if you have your favorite vac, every single truck needs one of these:

http://www.thinkvacuums.com/beam/turbocatex.html

The basic model is only $99, nothing gets under beds and stuff better.

JUST DON'T RUN IT AT FULL TRUCKMOUNT RPMS LIKE A MORON.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
That's the trade off I make, I can get the soil out of the carpet but the filtration system on the Cleartrak isn't a true HEPA, only sub-micron at best. I'd rather make sure I get the sand out than worry about some fine particles in the air and leave a ton of sand in the carpet.

Aren't those turbo vacs a bit of a nuisance when needing to pull in and run the vac hose through the whole house twice?

Don't forget the water trickler to keep the dust from getting to the blower!

-JB-

Name
JB
I use to use the turbo head for years, I got accustomed to having to-

1-Replace the bearings every few months.
2-Replace belts every now and then.
3-Replace the whole unit about every 10-12 months.
4-The near loss of hearing due to the constant shrill of the vac.

But when I realized how many hour$ I unnecessarily put on my machine over the years, and how much fuel I had wa$ted doing so, I looked for a suitable alternative.

IMO clients are not concerned about which cleaner you use necessarily, but it shouldn't be the same one that's in their closet, after all- YOU are supposed to be the "professional" so you better look the part, whichever vacuum cleaner you use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom