Anyone Using a Steam Vapor Machine?

theden

Is anyone using one of those commercial quality Steam Vapor Machines that put out low-moisture steam? If so, what cleaning tasks are you using it for and how effective is it at those tasks?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
slowwwwwwww

yes they work great...

had a demo for some stuff to see if it would clean it....cleaned some, but was supppppper slow...

with that being said, if its something that needs that type of cleaning fine...but other wise..

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ricky done gave you all the answers on the red board, just don't ask him what the secret sauce is cause he ain't tellin no one

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
A couple of restoration companies have them here. They use them for fire jobs in the nooks and crannies in bathrooms, kitchens and basically any hard to get at spots. They works pretty well.

DannyD

Yes & they work great. Ya can clean 1001 things w/ em. They're great for spots on carpet. Red, gum, some paint, just pretty much anything really. Also I've cleaned tile, windows, mattresses, my shower, furniture, fridge, sinks, just almost anything really. I've never done it but I guess ya can even iron w/ the thing if ya want.

The drawback is they're slow. Very slow. So ya wouldn't want to do a whole tile job w/ it for instance. It's by far my favorite tool in my box. I also wish I had vacuum on mine. If you're gonna get one, get one that has that. This thing inspired me to get a truckmount. High heat rules in a lot of cases.

Again, I wouldn't want to do a big job w/ it cuz it's to slow. But for spot duty here & there I give it a 10 out of 10.

Farenheit251

Steve Andrews posted some amazing pictures using one with boostall/buffall on a floral print sofa. I want one but don't know how many people will pay $250-300 to clean a $500 sofa.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I know of three instructors that include the use of live steam in their upholstery cleaning classes.
Steve Andrews has probably been using it the longest. Jim Pemberton and Lee Senter are the other two.
I was introduced to it by Ed York and bought his Fogacci Steamer -

http://www.steamvaporclean.com/fogacci_topline_3000_steam_cleaner.htm

Here is a ten year old white cotton fabric that traditional cleaning methods had very little impact on until we pre-sprayed, brushed in and the
STEAMED prior to rinsing & extracting.

B414.jpg

Laidoutwithsteamer34.jpg

Steamclupbst.jpg

Stevea

I thought I would add to Tony's excellent post with a job we did just yesterday, Friday, on some chairs with some severe staining. The use of a Vapor Steamer, in my opinion, is the only practical way to get the results I wanted to get. This was cleaning for a Performing Arts Theater and after we were finished, the curator even wrote me a letter stating he would be referring us to all of their patrons.
This clip is just some out takes of the entire job, there is obviously more to it that just the use of a vapor steamer but hopefully this may encourage others to look at this dynamic method of enhancing one's cleaning on many more items than one may think. I consider this an invaluable tool.
We came in at twice the amount for our bid when compared to bid of the next closest one to us but since we were referred to them and we did a demo, they wanted what we presented.

I hope this helps with any questions.

th_VaporSteamonStains.jpg

SA

Stevea

Thank you Richard, I consider that a real compliment coming from you!

I just hope others will enjoy it and open up other opportunities for themselves.

SA

Ernie G

Steve, thanks for showing that video, I to have used a vapor steam machine, but not with the O-B. I'm going to show this video to my techs, great stuff.

RandyHilburn

About a year ago, we spent $4000 on a steam-vac model (made by Diamer) http://www.daimer.com/steam-cleaners/. Its steam output is 120 psi and produces extremely high temperatures (around 325 degrees F). When purchased, we thought it would have broad application. Unfortunately we've actually found limited use for it.

While watching the video, don't misunderstand Steve's experienced handling of this equipment. High heat will permanently damage both carpet and upholstery in a heartbeat. Personally, I'd rather shave my face with a box cutter, than to put this equipment the hands our average tech!

Stevea

Earnie,

I hope it helps.

Randy makes a very good point, if anyone reading this read with my post about 'WE TESTED THIS". It can certainly do some damage but it also will allow one to remove some things that just do not come out otherwise. It works with specialized stain removal using oxidizers, reducers and other products but the acceleration of these with heat needs to be understood and qualified.

I simply put this clip in to show some information that was asked about, as with anything, we need to be sure we understand what we are doing and why.

Hope that is a good enough disclaimer.

SA

Stevea

Jeff,

Glad you liked this. To add a few more things, there was a study done in S. Florida with a group of Burger King Restaurants. With this type of equipment they saved 6500 per year in labor and had a much higher cleanliness rating. I personally set up a complete cleaning system for Sea World of Orlando in the early 90's for all of their tile and grout in the park. They could not get many areas clean and could not remove many stains from different tile in the park. We showed them how it could be done and they kept many of them going for years.

This technology will clean many things we may not always think about but if it is used to open doors, it can give us more work that we may not always think about. I use it for cleaning many things, from draperies to chandeliers and on & on.

For many of you out west, check with Packfancjh, he carries the same basic unit you saw in the video. You may find a new tool that will do many useful things for you.

SA

Al

Nice video!!

We use this one

scunci-pic-Main.jpg

Just a cheapie I borrowed from my wife a couple of years ago.

We use it on upholstery when needed. Tony had posted about this quite awhile back and it has really helped us with tough spots.

8)

Stevea

Al,

I have played with that particular one and it seemed to work well for spotting. Have you had to use it when you needed it to stay on for a long period of time and did it keep up with the demand?

SA

Al

I have played with that particular one and it seemed to work well for spotting. Have you had to use it when you needed it to stay on for a long period of time and did it keep up with the demand?

I have never used one of the bigger units but this little one keeps up pretty well, the most I've done with it at one time is probly about 3/4 of a sofa.

8)

Stevea

Al,

Can you outline how you used it on the sofa and why? What were you trying to accomplish?
Do you feel it did what you wanted it to do?

SA

Al

Can you outline how you used it on the sofa and why? What were you trying to accomplish?
Do you feel it did what you wanted it to do?

I believe it was the same pics Tony posted above that inspired me to try steam vapor. We use to accelerate and improve the performance of the pre spray, when needed.

I'll try and make a video in the near future, soon as we get a real nasty.

8)

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I own one of those machines, a vaporclean system. I use it on grout and tile cleaning. Becase I run portables i clean tile and grout with a 175 rpm and blast the grout lines out with the vapor machine. works great also good for cleaning equipment

Stevea

Al,

I think that would be great to do and would be good for all of us to see. I have some other clips on cleaning with it but we will save that for other times as well. Please share these when you make them.

Jon,

These do work great on tile and grout. I have used them to remove grout haze from nonvitreous tile that was being replaced until they were shown the haze could be removed. It will remove graffiti, clean fabric wall paper and many more things. Anything hard surface that will take moisture and that has grease related items, it will clean that extremely well.

This is a tool many should look at and see if it fits into one's arsenal of specialty tools, it just may help where nothing else seems to work. Try accelerating oxygen cleaning products with it. (of course TEST it first)

SA

Back
Top Bottom