Anyone Using A Steamway Glide (from Greenglides)?

R

R W

I picked up a Steamway wand glide for the standard SW wand, from Greenglides, and want to try it on one of my extra SW wands. Does the glide improve the performance of the wand, even though it's 1 1/2 inch tube??

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
better dry times in my opinion. Steamway's wand floods the carpet and with the glide I have found a definate improvement. Like Fast Eddie says, you have to tweak the flood jet.

FastEddie

Steve Smith said:
FastEddie,
When you say the glide makes a HUGE difference.
Can you explain what the huge difference is?
Thanks.

You can actually make a forward stroke with it glided compared to very difficult without. Dry times are great.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I love the glide on my Steam Way wand. It does seem to make a difference. The jet is adjustable up and down and back and forth. Greenie sends a little kit of longer screws and a washer with the glide to make the adjustment. Green Glides just think of everything, or they just pay attention to everyone.

Loren

Steve Smith

FastEddie,

I can understand the teflon making the wand easier to push, pull, but I don't understand it reducing the drying times?

You said "Dry times are great."

How does the glide improve the drying time?

Does it keep the wand from locking down on carpet for increased airflow?
And if it does, how?
Does it have notches to keep the wand from locking down and allowing air in?

Thanks.
Steve.

p.s. How do you like the Steamway wand?

FastEddie

The glide increases slot velocity and water is picked up much quicker. Ask Greenie, he will give you all the details.

Rex Tyus

Steve, do a search your questions have been covered thoroughly for over 2 years. This board as well as ICS.

Happy reading. PAGES of information, literally.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom