Anyone using BNI or LeTip

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I have not been a member for a few years but cleaned for a client that came from a lead from group.
Thinking about joining again. If you are using either one how is it working for you?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
BNI is a great lead source for me. Visit all the chapters before deciding on one in your area is my suggestion.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Finding the "right" chapter AND contributing to it is the key.

Some groups are duds, some are life savers.

I did Letip in Roseville CA for years and it really helped me build my business.

I joined the Dallas Letip Group....not so much. lol

G

GroutGuy

I have been a member of a couple of free groups. It takes time to build relationships with the people in the group. If you go in with the mindset of how you can help other members grow their business, you will get a a wealth of business that just keeps on giving over the years! Networking groups are one of my leading sources for work.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Rather large time commitment. You will constantly uncover leads for your fellow members and that takes a good deal of effort/energy. Although they don't have a "requirement" for leads like LaTip, you will instantly stagnate if you don't develop a personal plan for generating leads for those members. You might have a few personal referral conflicts due to established relationships with professionals outside your group. Yep, some groups are duds, but that's because of the individuals that make up the group. Are BNI members the cream of the business community?

1st year is $400. Have a boat load of energy and set aside the time required to generate leads. If you don't do this you will be just like a lot of other still born members who simple show up to the meetings with fake smiles and no commitment to generate leads for YOU. I agree that picking a "good" group is important. The last element I will leave you with is your ability to communicate your needs to your group. Every week is your opportunity to teach your group how to sell your business or at the least how to be trained bird dogs to look for your favorite customers and your everyday bread and butter customers. It's still 90% you and your abilities to communicate.

carbsol

I belong to one and it is my #1 source of new business. My $365/ year brings in Thousands /year of business. Keep in mind that membership does not guarantee referrals. We had a guy in our group that had a product that people were not sold on and more importantly people did not like his sales methods(pushy, guilt trip, "If you don't refer me business, I won't refer you business") If people don't like and trust you they won't refer business to you. Their reputation is now tied to your service.

I have a few regular customers who are in different BNI chapters but do not use the carpet cleaners in their chapters because they do not do as good of work.

BNI is a great way for QUALITY businesses and people to expand their sales force.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom