Anything I am over looking

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Since Greenie was making fun of my rusted hose real they are getting replaced but I am also changing the location.

They are going in a van with a Steam Genie and at this time the reals are at the back door. So that there will be more room in the van a local machine shop will build a platform on rollers so we can put the new reals in the side door in front of the machine. When in use or when working on the machine the hose reals will slide to the outside of the van.

This will free up alot of space in the back of the van for more shelves and equipment & will put the hose reals in front of the machine where you cant store much equipment anyway.

Other than the fact that the hose reals will set on the outside of the van & you wont be able to close the side doors when the unit is running do you see any other downsides to doing this?

Chads

Supportive Member
Hoses outside equals rain and weather beating down on them that much more if its not the rain and ice temps of the hoses not in use it will be the hot sun beaming down on all them and the hose reel that you will have to touch later unless your going with a electric hose reel and what happens if the new hose reel gets stuck outside you going to drive that thing somewhere so you can get it fixed, with them sticking out.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Chad is right about the unused hoses sitting outside on a below freezing day. Here in the midwest they will most certainly be frozen is your on a job for any lenght of time. I also think you'll find it inconvenient on some occasions to have to pull that reel out to run the machine, like when you in a tight spot next to a building.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom