anything special about pro's choice dci light?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have a uv light i got from cobb and it works great, i was wondering if there is a difference in the dci chemical activation light? what do you guys use?
thanks
dave

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use them, not sure if your bulb will do what the DCI light does? I though it was a hokey but it actually works. :D

We have a couple and we will leave them overnight with the customer for tough stains. We just charge enough for stain removal to cover the additional time involved with the light. 8)

I wonder...naw I bet it wouldn't work, Luddy is too big a stain to remove! :shock:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

The 2 UV lights are different frequencies of Ultraviolet.

Our rechargable is in the UVA spectrum.

The DCI plug-in light is in the UVC spectrum.

Both should accelerate the oxidizing of stains.

DuPont, in their patent for removal of mustard, used UVA light to accelerate the removal.

We are working on a brand new rechargable UV LED model with three times the intensity of the one you have now.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Dave,
I have a DCI light. It comes with a UV light, a regular inspection light and a black light. I rarely use it but it has really come in handy a couple times. A few weeks back we had a very bad coffee spill in a very high end commercial job we maintain. The janitors had already tried a couple things on it, I wasn't sure what.

I went in a tried extracting it and nothing touched it. Then I soaked the area with stain magic and put the DCI light on it over night. When I went back the next day the coffee was completely gone. It may have worked without the DCI light but I was convinced it sped up the reaction considerably.
Jeff

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
davegill said:
larry can you have dennise give me a call when it is available.

me to Larry, plz have Dennis call me when it's available. or does he have an email i should use?

thanx --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom