Apartment biding

Bucey

Name
FFA?
this is an area of our industry that I have not been very successful in when it comes to getting the account. I usually charge around 10 cent a sq ft. But it seems as if Im losing the jobs to 50 60 and 80 dollar guys. I find it hard to do quality work at such prices. at those prices where is the incentive to spend the extra 5 ot 10 min to working a little spotting. can anyone help me be a little more competitive here.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you have set price for cleaning for cleaning a certain size apartment, $45 for a 2 bedroom, $80 for a 3 bedroom and a starcase, etc..

you charge them extra for the spotting, I don't do them anymore but they usually want a price sheet for, spotting red stain removal, burn repair, stretch, etc

why do you want a complex that won't pay very well

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rstrick said:
this is an area of our industry that I have not been very successful in when it comes to getting the account. I usually charge around 10 cent a sq ft. But it seems as if Im losing the jobs to 50 60 and 80 dollar guys.

at 10 cents, you should be right in that range with them.
a typical 2 bd rm apt is appx 500-700 sf of carpet

can anyone help me be a little more competitive here.

first, you have to be efficient to make any money.
That doesn't mean "bust thru it speedy fast", it means every move is calculated for max efficiency .
i call it "economy of motion" and it encompasses everything you do, from the way the van is set up, to the way the hoses are run in, to the way you pre-spray to the way you tear down and "pre" set up for the next job.

second, in general* there are two types of apt/property managers
the one that wants it's done as CHEAP as he can get it.
you really don't want that one

the second, and the one worth having, is the one that's been thru the cheapie squirt 'N suck guys and the unreliable jamokes that show up when they feel like it.
They're willing to pay a "fair" price...IF...you are reliable, don't make them wait a week and you can get carpets clean without leaving every red spot or complex stain behind
They'll pay "good" money for that outfit

* I said in "general", cause i guess there are some prop managers that will pay anal retentive, obsessive compulsive guys to vac the latex out and scrub the stain resist off for fiddy cent-o-ft
But those prop mangrs are VERY few and far between

..l.T.A.

The price is irrelevant because you can hack them out and make money if you hustle.

Most here don't prespray. They use stout emulsifier, spray the carpet with the wand, and knock them out.

I talked to a guy the other day that charges 40 for a single, 45, for a double, and 50 for a triple. That in itself is crazy. I am sure he works for ghetto apartment complexes.

Now there is another guy I have posted about that has some nice complexes that pay every two weeks, are on contract, and pay a very nice price. He can do EVERYTHING from all repairs, spot dyes, bleach repair etc. His techs are all master certified techs. His trucks do not go out for basic shampoo cleanings as they call them. What he charges for them is unknown to me. He sends his trucks out for the larger jobs with repairs, water damges, pet deodorizing etc. He told me they average over 300 per unit. He runs three trucks. I saw the hour meter on one of his Legends that had over 4k hours and the machine was just a year old. So they work their ass off too.

I found this price list from a PCS franchise. Some people will never learn. They were two and a hall 49.95 cleaners for years. Then they went to some seminar and started advertising all over the place three packages all priced above .50 cents a foot for a year. Now they are back to whole house deals and working for apartments. Whatever.

Anyways the pricing is good for apartments. You just have to be quick. You need to carry a lot of freshwater, you need a helper, and you need to be prepared to hack some carpets out.

One way you can make extra is to charge a little more for the dirtier units like this PCS does and rotary scrub them or use an rx etc. Look it over. Just click the pricing guide link.

http://www.pcsofmemphis.com/apartments.php

Lee Stockwell said:
I see that is Bob Huddleston's operation, he was a regular on the boards 8 to 10 years ago, "Mr Coffee".

Bob is a really nice guy. I have met him several times.

I think he fell for the HP crap like a lot of other cleaners have.

He has to keep his crews busy though so the hundred dollar per room sq ft pricing had to go. I would hope they do a better job than STANLEY STEEMER.

I don't know if they are doing good with the apartments. I just know they are not for me.

Like I said above Bob is a cool guy for sure.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Didn't "Mr. Coffee" have that sweet vid. a while back about his opperation?

For me, I just got one account, then word spread. Property owners are a tight nit group in my area at least... I'm not the cheapest, but don't charge alot for what they get. As far as spot treatment I don't charge extra,but will tell them when the carpet can't be saved(alot of red stains that would cost them more for me to treat then replace the carpet, happened once).

Some of the rentals I clean are pretty clean some are nasty, but it all and all it works out good in the end at these prices:
1 br apt. 70.00 (I don't have many of these)
2 br apt. 90.00
3 br(or dining room) apt. 115.00
3 br,dr,fr 140.00

Apts. are only about 10% of my biz., though I would like to pick up some more easy money...

What I like about rentals: Don't have to schmooze the custy,have the keys to clean it whenever, and having multi jobs around the same location.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I know it's good intentions, but I'd suggest NOT publishing your rates, or specific information on accounts here, or anywhere.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Lee Stockwell said:
I know it's good intentions, but I'd suggest NOT publishing your rates, or specific information on accounts here, or anywhere.

Why?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom