Apartment guys...

Chris A

Name
Chris
can someone who does a fair amount of apartments give me a breakdown on their charges for the "other stuff" like repairs, restretches, red spots, etc? I have my first decent sized complex coming up, and I do so little of this stuff I usually just make up the price every time. PM me if you want to. Thanks!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
I usually just make up the price every time.

That's what we do, Chris
we have a basic sf price an add as "conditions" dictate .
We just line item it as excessive gum, candle wax, red stains, restoration/salvage clean, etc.

Never had a problem with that methodology, 'cept for the accounts we've fired over the years (or been fired from)
we also add for PITA set ups like 3rd-4th floor and/or no easy access/parking

oh yea, once they get to know/trust you, beg, borrow or steal for a master key, cause more likely than not, you WILL have issues occasionally with doors being locked when they're "not" s'posed to be

depending how organized the manager is and/or their maintenance dudes, don't be surprised when you occasionally walk into a unit that "s'posed" to be ready, but you find tools, paint, drops, or materials, etc all over the floor.
if it's a "regular thing" don't be afraid to pi$$ and moan.
if it's a " rare occasional" thing.....just chock it to the "nature of the beast" and pile all their chit up in the kitchen and do your thing

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
And dont be suprised if you walk into a unit with a lady watching tv in her underwear! Happened quite a few times.

It all depends on the property. We have some that dont mind the $25 specialty charge every now and again. But we also have some that expect us to clean a grease pit at no extra charge. You will find which places you actually want to keep. The ones that dont make you money or are a pain in the butt....quickly raise your prices and make it worth it. The problem is you are always going to have guys willing to do them for 50 bucks, so no matter how good of a relationship you build with the property managers, they will stab you in the back without hesitation.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
... and don't write your invoices while you are pissed off. When your seeing red because of a light cleaning turned into the grease pit nightmare with tools all over, its not hard to over charge for moving all of their crap.. apparently 300 dollars to move all the furniture and tools and equipment into the kitchen was excess.. oh wells bill paid! :roll:

BUSY BEE

meAt said:
Chris Adkins said:
I usually just make up the price every time.

That's what we do, Chris
we have a basic sf price an add as "conditions" dictate .
We just line item it as excessive gum, candle wax, red stains, restoration/salvage clean, etc.

Never had a problem with that methodology, 'cept for the accounts we've fired over the years (or been fired from)
we also add for PITA set ups like 3rd-4th floor and/or no easy access/parking

oh yea, once they get to know/trust you, beg, borrow or steal for a master key, cause more likely than not, you WILL have issues occasionally with doors being locked when they're "not" s'posed to be

depending how organized the manager is and/or their maintenance dudes, don't be surprised when you occasionally walk into a unit that "s'posed" to be ready, but you find tools, paint, drops, or materials, etc all over the floor.
if it's a "regular thing" don't be afraid to pi$$ and moan.
if it's a " rare occasional" thing.....just chock it to the "nature of the beast" and pile all their chit up in the kitchen and do your thing

..L.T.A.
Good luck. I just got back into this apt complex cleaning stuff and while it's steady work get ready for a lot of bullshit and drama especially dealing with tenants and crooked managers/idiot maintenance workers that will stab u in the back over a dollar.....I'm really sending u out with a good positive attitude huh? :D

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BUSY BEE said:
Good luck. I just got back into this apt complex cleaning stuff and while it's steady work get ready for a lot of bullshit and drama especially dealing with tenants and crooked managers/idiot maintenance workers that will stab u in the back over a dollar.....I'm really sending u out with a good positive attitude huh? :D

Chris is a rookie, but he's a sharp kid and knows his cost of doing biz
he'll figure out right quick whether or not this particular account is worth keeping.

Not ALL apt managers are bottom feeders .
while the majority would be it seems, there are some that are loyal and will pay a decent buck for quality service

Chris will figure it out
right Chris?

Bumble
the abominable snOwmAn

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
BUSY BEE said:

Chris is a rookie, but he's a sharp kid and knows his cost of doing biz
he'll figure out right quick whether or not this particular account is worth keeping.

Not ALL apt managers are bottom feeders .
while the majority would be it seems, there are some that are loyal and will pay a decent buck for quality service

Chris will figure it out
right Chris?

Bumble
the abominable snOwmAn

..L.T.A.

Yup, more n' likely anyway. I'm not gonna get stupid on the pricing, but I am going to offer the carpet cleaning at a pretty deep discount based on the amount of add-ons that we should get. I'm not too worried about it, but it would be nice to have some regular commercial income, this looks to be 1/2 day or so a week.

wired

A lot of apartments are becoming pet friendly. That means you will be doing alot of urine jobs.Do not be afraid to tell them it is not worth cleaning. I have gone into some apartments with a black light a the urine is in every room .

Greenie

Chris,
What do you consider a Deep Discount?

Just charge your hourly rate, if a job takes 45min. you need to get paid for your 45 mins. "some" (possibly many) apts. won't have a pile of red stains or repairs to make extra doough on, you will wish you had charged a few bucks for your "visit" if you get 3 clean ones in a row.

Apt. managers are savy to the cheap "clean" and bumped cost on the "add ons", they look at the bototm line too.

Chris A

Name
Chris
about 50% of normal residential rates. So basically the same as my normal commercial pricing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom