APO.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what are the best ones out there and who make them....................?????

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You filling the puny little waste tank a little quicker than the old vortex tank? Question.. Why not consider replacing the waste tank with a larger capacity over an apo? Especielly with that nice 4500 series cab over? Just a thought.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sweendogg said:
You filling the puny little waste tank a little quicker than the old vortex tank? Question.. Why not consider replacing the waste tank with a larger capacity over an apo? Especielly with that nice 4500 series cab over? Just a thought.

the puny little tank was upgraded to a 150 gallon the day everything was installed......I have my daughters school coming up again and even the Vortex tank could not hold this...so I am thinking a head of the game and with running a hose instead of working out of a fresh tank....and adding a APO....my life will be easier cleaning the school......don't have to refill tank or worry about dumping...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
good call.. I deal with a puny (IMO) waste tanke every day: 110 gallons just isn't enough sometimes. (since its plumbed to stop at about 80 or 90. )

I was kinda of hoping Mytee would have the truckmount version of their air hog out with the pump out built in like they have for their porties. Then it becomes a matter of a 150 gallon back up tank vs. a 12 V apo.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
When we maKe up our own units for in-lines we use Grundfos pumps - a bit dearer but well worth it - stainless steel, reliable, could handle semi-solids.
Pumpout1.jpg

Pumpout2internal.jpg

boosterpumpout.jpg

heaterandport.jpg

Our Accelerated truckmounts have continuous pump-outs and they are very effective and reliable. I don't know the brand but Duane may be able to tell you.
roro

Ryan

I have one just like roro's except mine is built out of 3/4" clear Plexiglas. It has a hydramaster pump in it I think. Never had a problem with it and I got it used.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My local ProChem dealer offers an APO that sits outside the tank. It's a diaphram pump, I believe. It can be added to any TM.

Mine is a belt drive, which would be a PITA to install on most units.

Remember the old Steamway Turbo matic, chain drive, clear plastic tubing pumpouts? They were unique for their time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:
rebuild the one you already have on the shelf collecting dust and you will be fine

avoid the hydramaster apo

gave it away to someone who needed one a while back..........who knew...

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I would go with Bluelines apo. Had a lot of customers go with that one and never had a problem.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
sweendogg said:
I was kinda of hoping Mytee would have the truckmount version of their air hog out with the pump out built in like they have for their porties. Then it becomes a matter of a 150 gallon back up tank vs. a 12 V apo.
We think the Mytee AirHog with our new higher-lift vac motor ...

will perform well with a TM ...

and boost the lift & CFM.

As Lee mentioned,
The ProChem diaphragm pump is probably the most proven design.

Larry

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have the HM one that I got with my Boxxer421. I use it on most jobs. I have well over 4000hrs on my TM. Not one problem with the APO.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have the HM one that I got with my Boxxer421. I use it on most jobs. I have well over 4000hrs on my TM. Not one problem with the APO.

you are lucky then but I put a little more sludge then most and the impeller just doesn't last, blueline apo I had with the Thermal Wave did much better

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
We have the Bluline Hypro APO, You have to run a inline SS mesh filter. if you dont lint plugs up the check valves weekly. Kinda a pita to keep pulling off head. Now I clean the mesh filter regularly

Vince

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I looked at my APO today. It is an external one that says it is made by Bison. It doesn't pump out to the bottom of the tank ( leaves about a foot), it most likely keeps the sludge out of the pump.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Vincent Feehan said:
We have the Bluline Hypro APO, You have to run a inline SS mesh filter. if you dont lint plugs up the check valves weekly. Kinda a pita to keep pulling off head. Now I clean the mesh filter regularly

Vince

vince, can a take a couple of photos of your filter setup and post, please?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom