App for Water Damage documentation?

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
Mikey, I'm looking for a APP for the IPAD to sketch and document when working on a water loss. I found one by TRA therestorationapp.com was wondering if any other restoration guy's have used it. Or if there an app for ipad that is better.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nice trucks, is that a Biltwell?

Executive_zpsbeb44f49.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Was just looking for an iPad app the other day that might incorporate itself with xactimate, to make a bit more streamlined

Dri-Plan

Name
James Hoover
TRA released its latest release as Dri-Plan. You can check it out at www.dri-plan.com If anyone has any questions, they can give me a call at (918)946-6704.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
James, it was good talking to you today. I'm excited about checking this out.

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
Yes Doc, that is a Biltwel, Bought it in 2006, and just recently sold it to invest more into my oriental and area rug cleaning business.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
they do our billing on water and fire claims. it costs $99 a month. i don’t have to worry about keeping up with xactimate, etc. the adjusters have asked me who’s doing my billing. they have a tour on their website. i would call and visit with them.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
checked out the net claims, I see this working out for a carpet cleaner who occassionally does water damage, however turning over the estimate of jobs on a large scale basis is totally an aweful idea. The way you make money in this industry is infact knowing how to estimate well. its a talent and everyone is not capable of doing a good job of it. its extremely easy for someone to leave tons of money on the table all that money left on the table is lost profits. massaging estimates is a talent and there is no way in hell I would turn it over to anyone. I watched a company go out of business because the owner was tired and burned out so he brought a guy in and tryed to turn all the estimating over to him. before he knew it his company was GONE and he was out of business.

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
Doc, Bitlwel produces a very dependable HVAC Cleaning Truck. Through the six years of owning it was profitable 45k to 60k a year working it two days a week. With my busy schedule I needed to focus more on rugs (my first love of the business) it keeps me closer to the office. Over the passed two years we went from 4 full time employees down to my wife and two sons. Due to the oil/gas boom that is going on in our area its hard to compete with all the perks they oil company's offer (same money $45k, 7days on, 7 days off) hard to compete with that.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
checked out the net claims, I see this working out for a carpet cleaner who occassionally does water damage, however turning over the estimate of jobs on a large scale basis is totally an aweful idea. The way you make money in this industry is infact knowing how to estimate well. its a talent and everyone is not capable of doing a good job of it. its extremely easy for someone to leave tons of money on the table all that money left on the table is lost profits. massaging estimates is a talent and there is no way in hell I would turn it over to anyone. I watched a company go out of business because the owner was tired and burned out so he brought a guy in and tryed to turn all the estimating over to him. before he knew it his company was GONE and he was out of business.

they DON'T do estimates for me - i fill out documentation of what we did and they sum it up for me. you’re right, i’m a carpet cleaner that also does water damage (2-5 jobs a month). lucky for me, i have never had to bid on a job, or provide an estimate, so maybe you’re right about that. it works great for me and my invoices are higher than the guy i bought the business from, plus it takes me much less time to bill. since using them, insurance companies have rarely questioned my billing. before you say anything like i’m not billing high enough, i have friends on the east coast that are 100% WDR that looked over some of my invoices and gave a stamp of approval. Net Claims Now isn’t for everyone, but it sure works for me and they don’t pay me to endorse them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Doc, Bitlwel produces a very dependable HVAC Cleaning Truck. Through the six years of owning it was profitable 45k to 60k a year working it two days a week. With my busy schedule I needed to focus more on rugs (my first love of the business) it keeps me closer to the office. Over the passed two years we went from 4 full time employees down to my wife and two sons. Due to the oil/gas boom that is going on in our area its hard to compete with all the perks they oil company's offer (same money $45k, 7days on, 7 days off) hard to compete with that.
Sorry to hear that Rodney, times are tough, but when it comes back you could always get get back into it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
they DON'T do estimates for me - i fill out documentation of what we did and they sum it up for me. you’re right, i’m a carpet cleaner that also does water damage (2-5 jobs a month). lucky for me, i have never had to bid on a job, or provide an estimate, so maybe you’re right about that. it works great for me and my invoices are higher than the guy i bought the business from, plus it takes me much less time to bill. since using them, insurance companies have rarely questioned my billing. before you say anything like i’m not billing high enough, i have friends on the east coast that are 100% WDR that looked over some of my invoices and gave a stamp of approval. Net Claims Now isn’t for everyone, but it sure works for me and they don’t pay me to endorse them.
If it works for you then I wouldn't worry about it. Steve does a lot of water and is one sharp cookie when it comes to xactimate!

Rodney Olson

Name
Rodney Olson
James, I've tried to purchase your product(dri-plan) to download for usage. When i entered the required info,CC# ect. it reply's ( in valid ). I've tried calling you and your assoicates for assistance at different time of the day with no responce. The concept of Dri-Plan looks to be a very helpful tool for (water damage) documentation, but my concern is if noboby will answer there phone what kind of support will i get if I were able to purchace/download your product (dri-plan). Would appreciate a reply Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom