Are any of you using inch and a half wands anymore?

Do any of you use 1.5 inch wand tubes anymore?

• I use them all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hogjowl

Idiot™
I am interested in seeing how many of you use just 2 inch wands and how many still see the need for inch and a half tubed wands.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ifn you classify a stair tool under that, then i do...

i took a pmf 802 and cut it down

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I couldn't vote "accurately"
cause our back up wand is 1.5".
we've only used it a couple/three times in the last several years

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I can't remember if we ever used 1 1/2 wands, maybe in the early portable days... but I do have one in my truck as a back up to my Ti wand.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Most of the time I use a 1 1/2 wand, but I also carry a 2 inch wand also. At my advanced age I just like the smaller wand.

John Buxton

I'd like to go to 2" but the ol butler wand is still working for me after 18 years. If anyone wants to take it, and a truck water softener on trade I may bite.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Grinding out production I use the Ti wand on most jobs, but once or twice a day I find it more convenient to use the 1 1/2" wand with a 25' whip in an upstairs room or a busy room with lots of breakables around and tons of furniture in the way. It's also easier to use that floor wand when I'm hacking out stairs as opposed to the larger Ti wand.

Mikey P

Administrator
Cobb's 1.75

def49a9a.jpg

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Used to use only the monster Greenhorn, the drying times were great but damn that thing was heavy. Switched back to the 1.5 to save my shoulders and back. I sold it to a friend for $350 who does mostly commercial and he tells me every time I talk to him how much easier I made his job.

Still looking for a better 2" wand, the EVO was not the answer for sure.

Joe Bristor

break this survey into two separate surveys if you want to get to the heart of the matter... OOs vs multi-truck
You'll get vastly different results which will apply to most areas related to performance.
Company expense vs tech friendliness.
Who's paying the bills .. the OO or the budget conscious manager?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Moved up to 2" wands in the EARLY EIGHTIES.

Only 1.5" I have is my stair wand.

I am thinking about another 1.5", either an Evolution, or the new Sapphire to work with my new porty; to be. :wink:

At my youthful age, I still have no problem swinging the slow speed CMX-20 or a 2" SS wand around when hooked up to my vintage liquid ring vac; (which incidentally, runs at about 60 Db's quieter than a V ). :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Name
Eric Valentine
I have 4 tools that are 1.5": My backup wand, stair tool, upholstery tool, and a Mytee spinner. I was halfway through a small 3 room carpet job today, and the TM's throttle came un-locked. The damned thing was IDLING and still recovered more with a glided bentley wand than a 1.5" aw-29 glided wand could hooked up at full throttle!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom