Are flash cuffs the latest and greatest?

Buck1955

Name
John
I'm tired of my hoses coming apart on the reel. Anything new on cuffs? How well do the cuffs work in cold weather?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Ordered the big set from Superior on the Black Friday sale. Cant wait for em to get here.

Mytee done ticked me off!!

Lonny

Supportive Member
I ordered some from John about a month ago. They seal much better, and haven't had one come apart yet. I haven't had any problems with them in the cold, but it just started to get cold here(20's).

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You will be happy with them. I swapped both vans cuffs out for the Flash Cuffs about 5 months ago and they are great. I clean plenty of 3rd floor apartments and I don't worry about them coming off. Go for it.

The Clean Machine

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
How can I know which are the better cuffs at my local dist?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How can I know which are the better cuffs at my local dist?

the new ones swivel much better..and you dont need the jaws of life to separate them...they click apart really easy....
they also don't seem to leak as bad as the older style....

I would just get them from Olson...that way you know for sure you got the right ones........

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
the new ones swivel much better..and you dont need the jaws of life to separate them...they click apart really easy....
they also don't seem to leak as bad as the older style....

I would just get them from Olson...that way you know for sure you got the right ones........
That's what I did! Got them thru john. I so far are happy with them

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope dont like mine.....

who wants to buy them??? ill get a pic in a few....

2.5" ones....i think 3 pair, and then 1 extra male....or 2 pair and 1 is the 2-2.5 reducer

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Jaws of life"...lol Yes happens often with the Cufflynx. I keep the threads lubed with spray lithium, otherwise I'm digging out 2 of my bigger Channellocks to uncouple them.

Will update next spring after all you guys finish Beta testing them.

Reactions: Jimmy L and GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
How the heck did you get CuffLynx to stick that hard?

Mine do it too. They just get really tight sometimes, so much so that I try not to seat them completely.

Sometimes you can slam em on the bumper and get em to twist. Real PITA : )

Reactions: Jimmy L

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

nope it wasnt, or they arent. or whatever....

they were the next gen, or latest gen....my hands are to small to click the button and pull AGAINST VACUUM....which is what you have to do, when taking them off

snapper head....

20131204_082231.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Mine do it too. They just get really tight sometimes, so much so that I try not to seat them completely.

Sometimes you can slam em on the bumper and get em to twist. Real PITA : )

careful, there is a seam down the center that can and will crack

Buck1955

Name
John
I couldn't deal with 2 1/2 hose, too big for me too. I can imagine how difficult it would be when it's 20 degrees out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Why didn't you say anything when you were just here? Bring them back and I'll exchange them if they aren't working right. We checked them when you bought them or is it just hard under vacuum?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its under vac John..... which if you have a smaller hand (and my junk works just fine chavey) its hard to push that button, even if it grabs the smallest, and get it to pull off under vac....more so when its right at your filter.... Which I leave the machine running while winding up the vac hose, so it can clear the filter...

plus i have a bad thumb on the right hand...(to many times jamming it playing ball) that aides in the problem of pushing the button, while pulling...

ill get a pic later, to compare it....and yes it makes my hand cramp to clean with the wand to much...there again part of it is a bad thumb

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought 3 or 4 sets of FCuffs in 2010, I couldn't get them apart BEFORE I had them on the hose, no way was I going to put them ON the hose. I would certainly hope they got that release system figured out better. Nothing like having cuffs taking up shelf space :icon_rolleyes:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I bought 3 or 4 sets of FCuffs in 2010, I couldn't get them apart BEFORE I had them on the hose, no way was I going to put them ON the hose. I would certainly hope they got that release system figured out better. Nothing like having cuffs taking up shelf space :icon_rolleyes:

I have issues like that! Oh Hell to the person I deal with. And it won't be my Distributor either. He packs : )

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

same here....you could not get them apart if your life depended on it....but the new ones that Olson has...release so much easier......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom