Are you a trusted member of your community?

Mikey P

Administrator
How often do you get that first time customer that wont be home when you come out and leave the blank check on the counter?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
How often do you get that first time customer that wont be home when you come out and leave the blank check on the counter?

I donno "how many", but it's not terribly uncommon when the new custy came from a referral

..L.T.A.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Just happened Sat for both of my jobs. UPS lady was busy moving all her stuff and just said go on in the door is unlocked. The other is an existing client who always leaves the door unlocked for me, no one home and everything is moved off the floor.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
we have a lot repeat custys that leave a blank check and door unlocked (or key hidden)

Mike was asking about "first time" peeps

..L.T.A.

Walt

I always thought it was because my wife has an honest voice.

I'd say, a couple of times a month. I have several clients I have never met that I've clean for half a dozen times. Just emails and phone calls.

As far as blank checks. Rarely. We always try to get a credit card and approval of the price over the phone before we start.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I get first timers that leave the house open for me a lot. Not the blank check though.

When the customer isn't home, I just bill them. My policy is to collect payment after the client has seen the results.

breathe72

I have not gotten a blank check from the first timers that aren't home.

Usually we both agree to do a credit card over the phone before I leave the job, giving them a end-of-job report during that call.

Yes, have gotten garage codes and "the key is in the flowerpot" custys.

Some repeat custys I have never met yet. Maybe never will.

Just gotta be EXTRA thorough in these situations.

Do a final walkthrough, and imagine you are them, coming home to inspect the job.

Everything must me triple-tight.

Over do-it on the scent/deodorizing.

These are sometimes the same folks that leave little notes, or yellow post-it tabs in the concerned areas.

One time, while working for another company, I was sooooo hungry, I helped myself to a M&M bowl, in the entryway, and was paranoid for a week that I'd end up on some "caught-on-tape" show, wolfing down M&M's that weren't mine.

God those were good.

Never again.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
all the time. I tell my wife that I am amazed at how many people leave their homes open for me or tell me where they hide the key. Atleast 2 newbies a week and 4 or 5 regulars.

More often than not the new customers meet me then take off leaving me with a check before I perform any work

steve r

i get a fw not many that leave home open and check on counter but i usually give em a price on phone first not too many blank checks.i also bill a lot of 1st timers that leave the home open.

i am a member of the community just not sure how trusted :twisted:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have some customers I've never met.

Strange to see rolex's and money on the dressers.

Always aware I might be on camera.

Ernie G

New clients, once in awhile, regulars very often. We had one client that gave us a key, and we cleaned their carpet every year on the same date, while they were on vacation. We had their key for 8or9 years until they finally moved away.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Walrus said:
I have some customers I've never met.

Strange to see rolex's and money on the dressers.

Always aware I might be on camera.

Where do you do the thong try ons? In the truck?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Left alone in houses all the time but never had the blank check or credit card. I would say I would have more blank checks but when it comes up I immediatly tell them I'll leave the invoice on their counter.

Back
Top Bottom