Are you buying chems in bulk?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Didn't wanna crash monkeys thread with this question.

But are you guys buying your chems in cases or 55 gallon drums? Once a year , twice a year, or just as needed?

What products are you buying in bulk?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We buy and stock as little as we can without having to make constant runs to the distributor. Maybe a months worth at a time, maybe less.
Products we buy that need to be shipped for out of state we may have two or three cases with a max and min order.

I already have hundreds of pieces of drying equipment that stare at me everyday, I don't need to add chemicals to the inventory. ;)

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I bought about a year supply when my supplier had a 30%--40% off sale.. Its wise business to take advantage of such sells-- banks pay less the 1% to save your money-- better to spend money and save time.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL Just giving you shit!

Yes, my overhead is a killer 18k shop here, 5k shop in Lawrence and honestly even at a big discount I'd rather have the flexibility than I would the savings. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FB7777

When I purchase from. Interlink, I always purchase at least $350 to get free shipping

Also will typically volume purchase pails to get the 4 pail discount

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Cases of gallons for the stuff the techs use. We never want to run out, as the cost of sending someone on a last-minute supply run doesn't make much sense. We also want the labeling on the stuff riding around in the trucks and techs are notorious for using whatever bottle they have if refilling from a bulk drum.

High-volume stuff we use in plant we'll buy by the drum or pallet load if the discount is significant. For example, furniture covers cost about $3 each, by the roll of 50 are around $2.25 each and by ordering direct (3,000 pound minimum) we can get them for .90 each. We use enough to make it worth dropping a grand to save two.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I used to buy 100 gal. at a time. Would last a year, but got too expensive. Now I buy 60 gals. in 5 gal. jugs. The min. to get the volume discount.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Alway in bulk. Saves me time and money. I always rotate everything. My supplier will call me and place a larger order saving him some money and he passes some of it on to me. Otherwise I come in and clear his shelves. He hates that. he doesn't stock massive quantities anymore. Most guys here just buy a gallon at a time.

Gene

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I buy in bulk....mainly in cases for easy storage and also for easier handling....

Some things in 5 gallon pails....

I also became a small Harvard distributor because of my location. I like a lot of the products, but like other chem lines, not everything is great or what we like, so we pick and choose out of the line what works best for us...

Nearest distributor is about 3.5 hours away.....

I still buy certain things from them as well....

I mainly sell to other local friendlies and also use a good portion ourselves....so I get in a shipment about every 10 months....sometimes every 6 months...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
But are you guys buying your chems in cases or 55 gallon drums?

Cases and 45-50 lb pails, I can generally get anything we need next day or within a few days.

I try different stuff all the time, I'd never make it through a 55gl drum.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I used to get 55 gallons of Bane chemicals and protector. Too easy to lose track of inventory. Especially when bdcc friends knew you had it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Decades ago we used to get 55's of prespray an deodorant. Too much waste. Tech's were careless with it. We went to 5's with better results but I prefer gallons for the least amount of waste.

Although I miss having the empty 55's & 5's around for other uses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom