Are you distracted by facebook?

Credits
It was fun while it lasted, although I had to turn over the biz page to my wife, and totally delete myself. It was just way.. to distracting for my weak self control. I tell ya’ those notifications are truly the devil and will wormhole you into zombie land.

Credits
I have so busy past few weeks...

I am trying to stay off it during the day....

the Private messages are crazy all day long though as well....

While I am working right now, I just will try keep focused on cleaning carpets.

This morning the van is in the shop getting checked over for a clank sound....so I am getting a bunch of office work done, but yeah....I am getting drawn into messages taking place today

Credits
Are you distracted by facebook?

no
I'm still in the stone age and don't use social media as a marketing tool
Other than my three discussion board addictions (herenut, gunnut and fishingnut)
I don't do social media at all

from what I've seen of others, it appears too full of dramaqueerz and insecure weenies
not unlike the sKypefaq club of old ...only astronomically more encompassing/far reaching

..L.T.A.

Village Idiot
Credits
No.

Many years ago now I was active in a couple car groups and used it to communicate with old friends and relatives but now I don't even use it for that.

My feed stays full of stuff I'm quasi-interested in but gets mostly ignored. All notifications are silenced.

to me it is a lot like aol was where people think it is the internet...one of the reasons I try to avoid it

I do get a laugh out of the "this is the future" folks......if I had a nickel

Village Idiot
Credits
http://www.businessinsider.com/ex-f...er-social-network-human-vulnerability-2017-11

"The thought process that went into building these applications, Facebook being the first of them ... was all about: 'How do we consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?'" said Parker, who joined Facebook in 2004, when it was less than a year old.

"And that means that we need to sort of give you a little dopamine hit every once in a while, because someone liked or commented on a photo or a post or whatever," he told Axios. "And that's going to get you to contribute more content, and that's going to get you ... more likes and comments."

Parker added: "It's a social-validation feedback loop ... exactly the kind of thing that a hacker like myself would come up with, because you're exploiting a vulnerability in human psychology."

Latest posts