Are you getting "Those" calls?

Mikey P

Administrator
"Hi Mike, like we discussed last time you were out, we sure didn't want to clean this carpet ever again but we just can't replace it at this time. We're hoping you can do some miracles...."

We sure are.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A good sign for cleaners, a bad one for carpet and flooring retailers.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I think the economy is good for cleaners. I have only been in business 4 years but have never been booked out 3 weeks with no advertising except my website. I've had alot of new callers I just can't get to when they need it. There's only so many hours in a day.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'm often amazing how worn out some of my clients carpets are, yet they go year after year waiting for the kids to get older or the dog to die.

Then the other side of the coin, the clients who pull out perfectly good carpet and replace it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have been cleaning for a gal named Lolly who manages a furniture store for the past four years. Every year she insists it's the last time, and every year I have a new gadget and it looks better than the last time. One of these times I know she's gonna ask me to "take a dive" so her husband will replace the carpet.

1st time unglided wand with broke down CDS unit
2nd time high efficiency RX-20 with broke down CDS unit
3rd time glided wand with un-greenied slide in.
4th time, pre-scrub with floor machine, glided wand and greenied slide in with post pad...

Somebody invent something quick because she should be calling me in less than six months now...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It seems to me that economy never matters. If their not selling, their cleaning. If they ARE selling, they are cleaning. Both for obvious reasons. The only time I was screwed was when 9/11 happened. I didn't see many customers for a year and I live in CA.

Name
R.J. Povio
YES YES...same calls here too. When the economy is good...custys say clean it all....wall to wall and all the furniture....tile too. When the economy is not so good....just clean the traffic areas....and "if there is anything extra you can do to remove these spots and or stains" do what you need to and charge me accordingly. I always like the carpet jobs that need replacing soon or are well overdue. You do not have anything to lose...they know it might not look perfect, but if you get it to exceede thier expectations...you just got a custy for life...and all of their friends and family.

Apt complexes have been really trying to cut corners and save money. If we save 2 or 3 rooms rather than replace the whole carpet, they love it.

I have had and still have some custys who were going to replace a carpet 5 and one even 10 years ago and they still have the same carpet. I always like to remind them of that when I show up time and time again. When it comes time to check/cash out...they have no problem footing that bill...sometimes there is a 5-20 dollar bill on top of the check.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom