Are you interested or are you committed to reaching your goals

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Wow! It is amazing that one word can be so motivating.
I finally got to read Howard Partridge's article in the August issue of ICS magazine.
titled: "Being a Phenomenally Successful Person"

The Word is "Commitment" or "Committed"

Interested just means- You'd like to someday do this or that-- But Committed means you are taking Action.

Only being Interested-- keeps you stuck on the island of "Some Day I'll"

But Being Committed -- Shows you have the Drive to "Get There"

Zig Ziglar said, "Commitment helps overcome Obstacles."

I had some tasks I wanted to finish today-- The Urge to go do something Fun kept tempting me--
But I just keep saying to myself-- "NO- I'm committed to getting this project Done Now"
I found myself getting many Tasks done today.

This Word-- Committed"-- motivated me to work at the higher productivity level of the 80/20 Rule.

So-- What are You "COMMITTED" to achieving Today?

Good Luck and Peace be with You.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I'm committed to watching football today!!! 110%

Actually just went through this myself. Last year or so kinda became a slacker,not sure why just started going through the motions.

Well Aug 1st gave myself a deadline and started hustling again. Been 2 months and our sales pipeline is jam packed right now.
Its amazing, the power of momentum. Once you get rolling good things just start happening, even have some old customers that came back out of nowhere.

I have 2 commercial estimates monday morning, great way to start the week!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's like a smoker who says I'm trying to quit! You either will or you wont, trying leaves the door open for failure.

Especially when it comes to the area of will.

I put an object like a pen in front of my son and say try to pick it up! That's to easy.

When he says I can't I tried. Most things aren't as hard as we make them were usually to lazy to execute.

Reactions: Russ T.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Its the old Chicken & the pig fable. The pig is commited to sausage for breakfast while the chicken is only involved by providing eggs.

Commitment is an "all in" venture.

I hope some of my commitments don't turn me in to Sausage!

But That's always a risk when you decide to change policies or increase prices. The trick is to know when to spot trouble ahead of time and Plot a new Course if needed. Try to take Calculated Risks.

I'd rather Try and Fail than never TRY in the 1st Place-- the cost is too great for not trying.

My Father could have been the Ramen Noodle King in the 60's if he took risks.- he would "import" the stuff in his duffle bag when his ship returned-- but he didn't take the time to learn how to do it on a bigger scale.

Shouda, Coulda, Woulda-- stuck on "Someday I'll"

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have seen my repeat rate hit 65% in SM and it freaked me out(I think 62% is the sweat spot)! So, since August 1st I have hand delivered 18,000 flyers, and my goal is 30,000 by Christmas.. No Drive lacking here, like I told my last boss "I make money, that's what I do".. I would love to see 1$per flyer return, but we will see.. Going on vacation next week for a good week vacation that I haven't ever seen my whole life. Boot straps always firmly in hand!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Going on vacation next week for a good week vacation that I haven't ever seen my whole life. Boot straps always firmly in hand!

Congrats on High Repeat Rate and Your Vacation-- Its important to reward ourselves for our hard work. My Very first Vacation was a Cruise with a Joe Polish seminar-- and It encouraged me to increase my prices and start enjoying the Good Life.

Reactions: Able 1

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
How many have written goals.
Short and long term as well as personal and professional

Back
Top Bottom