Are you killing Angies List?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My point to this whole thread is to try to help. Angie's list customers are not coupon customers. You do not have to treat them like that.

I totally agree Tom. However it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

AL is certainly making it an uphill battle for people like you that do not want to get new clients mainly through discounting their services. Kudos to you, if you'll be able to get the clients you want, while getting a good return for your AL advertising budget. AL sure tries to make it harder. And their sales tactics are, to be mild, annoying.

Keep us informed.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Black & White Carpet try this for getting the reviews. Here's what my guys do. After the walk through with the customer just before you start cleaning say "Mrs customer my goal is to give you the best cleaning possible and I will do whatever I can to make your carpets look the best they can. As a matter of fact my boss provides us with a simple report card for you to fill out to ensure we are doing our best. My goal is to get all A's. After I'm done today will you please let me know if there is anything else I can do that will give me all A's." Most always they will say yes. Then when you are done hand her the form and ask her to grade you on how you did. If for any reason you get a B or C in a category ask what you can do to make that an A before you leave.

Name
Chris
So what your saying is to have them fill out the Angie List print out form and not give them the tear off link paper for them to go on there selfs.

Black2White Carpet Cleaning

Last edited:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I don't think many people here care that much about A.L. I think I get 3 or 4 jobs from there in a good month, and we are definitely the top rated company in reviews and ratings. We are also pretty inexpensive, but I live in the land of the cheap and mean. Aside from that, rich folks have too much furniture to move, and its HEAVY. I like my customers with cardboard tables and plywood sofas.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
If you just leave it with them you will get few that send it in. Have them do it while they ( you) are there. We do very well with Angies list so it is worth getting the reviews. I do hate the trend that A.L. is taking with the discount marketing deals like Groupon and their outrageous advertising fee's. I am slowly backing away from the paid advertising with them now that we have about 90 good reviews. My hope is we will do the same amount of sales based on our reviews alone.

Back
Top Bottom